The College of Applied Health Sciences, Student Affairs office is seeking an Office Administrator. The Office Administrator will coordinate and assist with administration of various student affairs services and programs. Provide a high level of office administrative support to the Assistant Dean, directors and other staff in the office of Student Affairs in the following areas: Clinical Education, Urban Health Program, Urban Allied Health Academy and general Student Affairs (registration, records, admissions, student events, etc.)
• Respond to student and general public inquiries on all matters related to Student Affairs of the College
• Provide general office administrative support within the Student Affairs Office including answering phones, clerical work, reception services, support for student events, processing payments, submitting office orders, and recording/distributing meeting minutes for Student Affairs related committees (Student Affairs, Clinical Education, Diversity, Urban Allied Health Academy, etc.)
• Assist with processing and execution of clinical contracts, providing first-line contact for our fieldwork sites
• Develop, create, and maintain comprehensive student-related records and databases
• Prepare and submit various reports, survey responses and/or data as needed in the following areas: clinical contracts, recruitment, student registration, student records, admissions, retention, etc.).
1. High School graduation or equivalent
2. Any one or any combination of the following types of preparation:
a) 48 months of clerical/office support work experience comparaable to that performed at the Office Support Specialist level of this series.
b) 24 months of clerical/office support work experience comparable to that performed at the Office Manger level of this series.
3. Typing Test is required MUST type 40 WPM
To Apply : For fullest consideration, please complete an online application by clicking the Proceed to Application button below AND submit an Exam Request for Office Administrator .
The application must include all work experience, detailed job duties, start and end dates and whether the position was part time or full time.
Additional documents can be electronically attached to your online application through the " Documents" link on the Civil Service Employment application (Part 1). Be sure to select the appropriate document type before uploading the document.
If an application and exam request are not submitted by the close date, the applicant/employee will not be considered and the exam request will be denied.
University of Illinois at Chicago
Recruitment and Staffing
Human Resources Building Room 109
715 S. Wood Street M/C 862
Chicago IL 60612
For fullest consideration, the above mentioned requirements must be submitted no later than Monday, March 25, 2013.
All information submitted will be thoroughly evaluated and verified.
To view the status of all your exam requests, pending test dates, scores, and current register positions online, just go to https://jobs.uic.edu . Log in and click on "C ivil Service Activity" .
We appreciate your interest in employment at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
The University of Illinois is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to Job Board
UIC ranks among the nation's top 50 universities in federal research funding and is Chicago's largest university with 25,000 students,...