Perform variety of duties related to operating a ranching/farming business including but not limited to caring for livestock, irrigation systems, operating farming machinery, planting, baling and loading crops, maintenance and repair of equipment. Responsible for all office duties for both K Bar locations; schedule deliveries, reports, correspondence, preparing invoices and performance numbers of the Ranches.
- Cultivate, plant, spray, weed, and harvest crops and fields.
- Build and repair fences.
- Mow, rake, bale and load (mechanically and physically) crops.
- Feed, gather and doctor livestock.
- Drive or operate farm machinery, such as trucks, tractors, or self-propelled harvesters, to transport workers or supplies and to cultivate or harvest fields.
- Perform hardscape activities, including installation and repair of irrigation systems, resurfacing and grading of paths, rockwork, and erosion control.
- Assist with minor maintenance and repair of ranch/farm equipment (i.e. replace blades, grease machines, etc.).
- Prepare and submit reports to the General Manager and Accounting Department.
- Schedule deliveries.
- Track and process orders and insure completeness of paperwork.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate required. Associates Degree in Agriculture strongly preferred.
- 3+ years verifiable experience working on a professional ranch or farm required.
- 3+ years experience with Irrigation, Livestock and Heavy Equipment Operations required.
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Intermediate skills in use of MAS 90.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to read and understand materials pertaining to the Agriculture Industry.
- Basic mechanic abilities required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Able to handle multiple priorities and tasks at once in a fast-paced environment.
- Valid Oregon CDL preferred, current Oregon Drivers License, with farm endorsement required with the ability to qualify for the UIDC’s Drivers Program.
Umpqua Indian Development Corporation - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard