Office Assistant – |
Involved in multiple areas of business operations. Performs general light office duties including word processing, and file maintenance. Expected to work with outside vendors and contractors who provide services in the Tallahassee office, e.g. office supply, janitorial, and break room providers.
The schedule is to be determined but it will be predominantly mid-day from approximately 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. with a break for lunch. Some flexibility will be considered.
- Distributes incoming, outgoing and interdepartmental mail; operates manual and electronic mailing equipment, including incoming and outgoing courier packages, provides assistance getting out corporate mass-mailings (including invoices, client notices, etc.), handles FedEx outgoing shipments.
- May assist with compiling standard reports, record keeping; copying.
- Maintains, orders and stocks office and break-room supplies; to include being the ongoing liaison with vendors
- Performs routine mid-day
- cleaning duties in break room
- Monitoring Vendor Deliveries (weekly)
- E-Filing for the Legal Department (as needed)
- Accepts and distributes deliveries not covered above
- May assist with word processing, spreadsheet data and other clerical tasks
- Screens and routes incoming calls – takes messages.
- Receives and directs visitors
- Monitors inventory of first aid supplies and potential hazards to ensure basic OSHA requirements are met
- May coordinate first aid training certification as needed
- Helps with Tallahassee office events as needed, e.g. scheduling conference rooms, requests for meetings, etc.
- May assist with ongoing maintenance and updates to Legal Contracts Database as needed, may include some processing of new business
- Receives building issue complaints from staff and provides liaison for correction with landlord – e.g., lights out, problems in restrooms, insect problems, etc.
- Special projects on request during peak needs, e.g. for Marketing, Legal, Finance, HR
- Basic communication skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office: word processing, spreadsheets, and emailing skills.
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- 4-year degree preferred, but 2 yrs completed college required
- People-oriented; must enjoy working directly with customers and the general public