To assist the Home Health Director and staff with clerical duties, billing responsibilities, and scheduling of patient services.
The ability to read and write knowledgeably, communicate effectively with personnel, along with typing and spelling skills. Must have a working knowledge of current hospital policies and regulations. Able to lift, walk, carry and stand.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Under supervision, assume all clerical and billing responsibilities.
2. Track and monitor orientation and continued education of all staff.
3. Assist in planning and budgeting for the provision of services.
4. Attends all department and fire and safety meetings.
5. Assists the Home Health Director in implementing and performing administrative tasks.
6. Attends all meetings and takes meeting minutes.
7. Assists in the verification of Licensure and appropriate certifications of all new hires.
8. Responsible for tracking and monitoring all personnel dates for renewal of licensure, TB and annual review.
9. Ensures that all personnel files are in proper format and in compliance with State and Federal regulations.
10. Assists in ensuring that Quality Assurance reports are timely and followed through.
11. Assists in the monthly billing audit.
12. Encodes and tracks all time and travel and payroll timesheets of clerical and administrative staff.
13. Ensures that all Remittance Advice are logged and processed.
14. Ensures that all physician orders are logged and processed in a timely manner.
15. Assists in the development of weekly schedules and ensures that all clinical staff have received schedule prior to the beginning of the week.
16. Assists in the timeliness of all Utilization Review meetings and subsequent reports.
17. Answers phones and directs all incoming calls in a professional and courteous manner.
18. Processes and tracks all incoming and outgoing office material.
19. Processes and tracks all post-discharge patient questionnaires.
20. Assumes clerical responsibilities when needed, i.e., typing, word processing, etc.
21. Assists Home Health Director in scheduling of patient visits.
22. Orders and tracks all medical and office supplies.
23. Responsible for all maintenance and filing of patient charts.
24. Responsible for all maintenance and filing of employee personnel files.
25. Assists in planning, developing and maintaining the annual budget for the department.
26. Assists in planning and coordinating all staff meetings and professional board meetings.
27. Participates in hospital planning, decision-making and policy formulation as a member of committees as assigned.
28. Assists in the implementation of goals and objectives of the department in consultation with the Home Health Director and remains consistent with hospital philosophy.
29. Participates in hospital projects and public relation programs as required by Director.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Ability to communicate effectively, orally, and in writing.
2. Previously demonstrated organizational, priority setting, and decision-making skills.
3. Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, showing initiative and being a self-starter.
4. Ability to work effectively with all facility staff, physicians and their staff to ensure cooperation and excellence in patient satisfaction.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
1. High School graduate or equivalent.
2. Knowledge of computers.
Boulder City Hospital - 6 months ago