For over 30 years, Vein Clinics of America (VCA) has been dedicated to the treatment of all aspects of Varicose Vein Disease (VVD). Acknowledged as experts in the field, VCA has helped lead advances in the treatment of VVD.
And with over 50 clinics across 15 states, we're growing! Currently, we are seeking a patient-focused Office Assistant to perform the administrative activities of our clinic in Plano, Texas.
Responsibilities in this position would include the following:
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance and a good program of paid-time-off.
- Prepare and maintain charts for new and existing patients, verify all information is correct and up to date.
- Issue Patient Information, Health History and all other pertinent form’s to consults / patients as they sign in. Assist consults / patients with the completion of the forms as necessary.
- Greet patients and escort them to the exam rooms.
- Become proficient with VCA's computer hardware and software programs, i.e. VPA and Outlook.
- Answer the phones, according to VCA policy & procedure.
- Input patient transactions into VPA at the time of service. Update patient information, scan insurance card/picture ID, enter office notes, charges and payment information.
- Verify and update patient’s insurance benefits and assist the team in obtaining authorizations.
- Assist the team with Accounts Receivable to ensure clinic is within company target – collection at time of service and insurance follow up.
- Become proficient with, and be prepared to assist the OM and team in all practice building functions of the clinic to ensure all company targets are met- including nquiry/consult conversion, consult/initial conversion, map conversion, 2nd leg starts and non-convert follow-up.
- Become familiar with, and be prepared to, complete and transmit all daily, weekly and monthly financial reports.
- Be prepared to close-out the clinic at the end of the day. Daily close should include financial reconciliation, daily deposits, report preparation, transmission.
- Be prepared to open the clinic at the beginning of the day.
- Be prepared to stagger your schedule with the team to provide continuous administrative support during the patient schedule.
- Constantly practice and promote good patient relations.
- In the absence of the Office Manager, be prepared to oversee the day-to-day operations of the practice.
- All other Duties as assigned by the Office Manager or Regional Manager
- College degree preferred
- Experience using medical software and patient scheduling systems preferred.
- Familiarity with automated office systems
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Excellent patient services skills
- Prefer prior experience working in a medical environment
- BiLingual - English/Spanish preferred
We are the largest group in the country specializing exclusively in vein disease treatment. Established in 1981, the network physicians of...