Position: Office Clerk / Document Indexing Technician
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Type: Part-Time / On-Call. This is an on-call position, meaning that this person will only be needed to work when a current full-time employee is out of the office due to vacation, sick leave, etc.
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
Seeking an Office Clerk who will be responsible for the below responsibilities:
Monitors the day-to-day activities of the imaging process and equipment:
Performs problem resolution by:
- Preparation, Scanning, Quality Control and Validation of all documents;
- scheduled production runs (on time);
- monitoring and operating the control console in accordance with operating instructions;
- responding to operating and output instructions;
- reviewing error messages and making corrections during operation.
Interacts with computer operators and customers regarding job set up, work performed, and job status to achieve desired results.
- determining the cause of failure;
- determining the best course of action to bring the system back into operation;
- refers problems to the Site Manager when not capable of resolving the problem;
- advising and assisting operators on procedures to correct functional problems;
- notifying appropriate servicing personnel of all hardware/software difficulties;
- maintaining a log of downtime on associated equipment and software.
Performs related duties as assigned.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent.
Working knowledge of IS machine (PC, imaging, computers, etc.) operation, practices, and procedures.
Work experience as a data entry operator which includes:
- Work is routine and repetitive;
- Under close supervision or following specific procedures or detailed instructions, works from various standardized source documents which have been coded and require little or no selecting, coding or interpreting of data to be entered;
- Refers to supervisor problems arising from erroneous items, codes, or missing information
- Completed a data entry operator course involving use of a computer terminal screen and demonstrates high speed, accurate typing capabilities.
- This job requires the ability to operate a computer keyboard, distinguish colors on a color monitor, and use the telephone, copier, write, and read the English language. Ability to lift items weighing up to 25 pounds from packing cartons onto a desk.
SDSE is an 8(a) Veteran-Owned Small Business headquartered in the Washington DC metro area with offices nationwide and about 300 employees. SDSE is an award-winning professional services firm with a proven record of enhancing government and business operations; delivering effective, cost conscious solutions while adhering to strict standards of quality to ensure mission success. Core competencies include Management & Business Support Services, Information Technology, Administrative & Facilities Management, and Engineering Services. We deploy a responsive, flexible, and innovative approach to achieve the needs and goals of our clients and pride ourselves on the support we provide our employees to be successful.
SDSE is an equal opportunity employer (EEO)