Office Coordinator-Front Desk
HR Use Only:
Hospital: Cleveland Clinic Florida
Facility: CC Florida Parkland
Job Code: 000667
Pay Grade: 09
Schedule: Full Time
Hours: 8am - 5pm
This position supports clinic operations by checking in patients at front desk, verifying demographics and insurance information, obtaining referral/authorization, collecting co-pay/deductible, scheduling appointments, entering daily clinic charges and other front desk functions.
A. Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Some college or technical training
2. Ability to multi-task
3. Strong computer skills, i.e., Microsoft Word and Excel
B. Required Length and Type of Experience
1. Minimum two (2) years medical office experience and/or a minimum two years medical insurance experience.
C. Required Licensure, Certification or Registry
1. None required
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Interacts with members of the professional staff and ancillary personnel in a professional manner. Acts as liaison between physicians, nurses and patients
2. Interacts with patient and patient family members in a professional manner.
3. Helps develop and maintain camaraderie between all office coordinators.
4. Works through and solves patient issues professionally and in a timely manner.
5. Follows proper protocol in contacting direct supervisor when questions or problems arise.
6. Verifies and updates patient demographic and guarantor information ensuring clean claims processing.
7. Verifies insurance benefits/eligibility through HDX or other means when necessary and manually looking at the patient’s insurance card on a monthly basis. Verify type of insurance and identification of financial class.
8. Identifies whether patient needs authorization or referral. Notifies Access Plus of need for referral or authorization when necessary.
9. Maintains and monitors the flow of front registration procedures and patients waiting in lobby to ensure timely patient processing.
10. Identifies deductibles, out-of-pocket expenses, co-payments, and percentage payables and facilitates the cash collection for services rendered according to CCF policy.
11. Ensures payments received are posted daily and are balanced and batched correctly.
12. Schedules all follow-up appointments or special testing appointments using correct Signature pathways and provides proper patient instructions.
13. Ensures appointments are booked on proper case and add any cases or schemes as necessary.
14. Ensures same day add-on appointment is communicated to appropriate department personnel and authorization is obtained.
15. Obtains proper information such as PCP, referring physician, CPT/DX codes prior to entering request into referral module.
16. Inputs reason for all visits on all appointments correctly.
17. Enters charges into Signature accurately and in a timely manner.
18. Answers phones in a timely and courteous manner.
19. Maintains complete and up-to-date documentation and files at all times, including products and service quotes.
20. Carries out work assignments with minimal supervision and exhibits good judgment. Exhibits willingness and responsiveness to supervisor’s requests.
21. Performs any other duties as assigned.
Category: Clerical/Administrative Support
Cleveland Clinic - 20 months ago
Cleveland Clinic, located in Cleveland, Ohio, is a not-for-profit multispecialty academic medical center that integrates clinical and...