Office Manager - Culver City
Primary Function :
The primary function of the Office Manager is to provide staff support to their team members, patients and family members, to maintain active office management, medical records, team coordinating and be responsible for compliance in office by obtaining physician signatures in accordance to policy and procedures.
Essential Job Responsibilities :
- Establishes and maintains patient medical records according to regulations
- Responsible for obtaining all necessary signatures from physicians, staff and others as necessary for authorizations, certifications, doctor’s orders and release of information from Hospice Touch to other parties.
- Performs secretarial duties related to screening calls and facilitating communication for Team Managers and other staff between patients, families, and other companies.
- Keeps daily schedule for all team members.
- Enters patient care information into data base, monitors event tracking including recertification dates, and provides back up documentation to the Billing Department as requested.
- Prepares agenda and attends weekly team meetings.
- Orders DME and maintains record of order and delivery dates.
- Performs other duties such as routine correspondence, scheduling part time personnel, and contacting outside agencies.
- Must be able to adapt to changes.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with coworkers.
- Maintain a safe and productive working environment following established protocols
- Promotes and supports a teamwork culture and environment internally and externally
- Ensure interactions remain positive and professional with all persons with whom you interact in the course of your work both internally and externally
- Other duties as assigned or determined appropriate
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions, and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
- High school Diploma, GED (Bachelors Degree preferred or equivalent work experience)
- Three years hospice experience
- Medical Terminology familiarity
- Excellent communication, typing and phone skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time and/or move around the office
- Requires the ability to work successfully with our software applications on a computer and/or a laptop, and /or a blackberry for extended periods
- May require going to other locations
- Require the ability to work successfully under sometimes stressful conditions
- Requires willingness to be flexible in changing job responsibilities, assignments and workload
- Requires patience, compassion, and the ability to work successfully with a variety of persons internally and/or externally
- May require critical thinking skills and the ability to work successfully independently or in a team with positive interactions
HealthEssentials, LLC - 7 months ago
Health Essentials is a full-service organization that has been providing care to the frail elderly population in California, Arizona and...