RESUMES WILL ONLY be considered if they MEET THE REQUIREMENTS below.
JOB PURPOSE: Responsible for the day to day management of staff and office operations to ensure a productive and patient-centered environment.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIRMENTS:
- High School diploma or equivalent. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in health or business administration preferred.
- Minimum three years experience as Office Manager in a physician office or similar ambulatory healthcare setting. Work experience in a dermatology practice desired.
- Previous supervisory experience required.
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures, medical billing and coding practices.
- Knowledge of medical practices, terminology and reimbursement policies.
- Knowledge of a variety of medical office procedures, laboratory and testing procedures.
- Advanced computer skills with knowledge and experience in medical billing software and MS Word applications.
- JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Monitor and coordinate office staffing needs with respect to patient demand, physician schedules and available support staff. Recommend need for additional support staff to Faculty Practice Director (FPD).
- Provide status updates regularly to FPD and Medical Director, and work toward achieving performance improvement goals.
- Evaluate office operations, monitor trends, and implement changes as required to improve practice operations and patient flow.
- Assist with the development and updates of policies and procedures for patient care, provider authorization, safety and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of all physician charges and deposits to the corporate administrative office. Communicate with FPD and billing personnel on any outstanding issues.
- Act as a liaison to patients, site physicians, administrative support and billing personnel, insurance providers and outside vendors to ensure good communication and efficient workflow practices.
- Provide timely performance reviews and ensure staff is provided with the necessary training, performance improvement goal expectations and resources to perform their job duties.
- Coordinate the purchase of office supplies and maintenance of office supply inventory.
- Assist the FPD with the negotiation of facility and service contracts, as requested.
Indeed - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -