This position is posted as Agency Only, which means only current P-14 or classified employees of DMV are eligible to apply OR persons that possess an active Yellow or Blue Commonwealth of Virginia Agency Preferential Hiring form.
The incumbent is responsible for the management of DMV DIRECT professionals and inbound calls in a high volume customer contact center environment. The primary objective is to provide the highest quality service to our citizens/customers while meeting the business objectives for service quality, sales (license plates), and expense management. This includes all aspects of Driver, Vehicle, Compliance, Motor Carrier and Help Desk/Tech inquiries and transactions and 411 Directory Assistance. In addition, the incumbent must ensure that we are in compliance with all new state legislation, as well as government regulatory requirements affecting our customer base. The supervisor is empowered to make decisions that have a financial impact against revenue. The incumbent must be able to manage a diverse information base and maintain a high level of knowledge about agency policies and procedures to effectively support the department. In addition, the incumbent works with other DMV DIRECT managers to develop policies and procedures for center operations, provide the resources necessary to operate, set work standards, monitor and measure performance, set goals, resolve complex or continuing problems or complaints, perform employee coaching, counseling, and recommend, develop and implement operational changes to enhance efficiency and increase the quality of service provided. Must have basic skills and understanding of telecommunications systems functionality as well as strong call center management background and experience.
Graduation from high school and post high school courses in business or related field; experience in a clerical or administrative capacity in an office environment.
- Strong customer service/customer focused abilities.
- Some knowledge of organizational management principles and practices for service operations.
- Working knowledge of administrative principles/practices related to budgetary control; facilities management; contractual agreements and human resources management.
- Working knowledge of computer information systems, databases and personal computers and how they support service operations.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interpret, explain and apply complex statutes.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively utilize a personal computer
- Demonstrated ability to effectively supervise, train, counsel and coach operational staff.
- Must be willing to work Monday-Saturday with varying hours to meet agency business needs.
An equivalent combination of training and experience indicating possession of the preceding knowledge, skills and abilities.
Supervisory/management experience preferred.
All applicants for employment must consent to a driver history and criminal background check. A fingerprint-based criminal history check will be required on selected applicant(s).
Selected candidates will need to complete the I-9 Form. DMV participates in E-Verify.