The Office Manager shall be responsible for overall front office activities including coordination with customers, processing support requests, reception activities, mail, processing and editing office correspondence, supporting and coordinating meetings, and providing administrative support to the Contract Manager, the Emergency Manager and other project managers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position
Manages the reception area to insure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally to maintain professional image.
Analyzes internal processes and plans or implements procedural and policy changes to improve operations.
Modifies work procedures or processes to meet deadlines.
Recommends solutions to administrative problems.
Arranges complex and detailed travel plans and itineraries, compiles documents for travel-related meetings.
Maintain records, reports or files.
Acts as liaison to other locations/facilities.
Orders and maintains adequate inventory of office/kitchen equipment and supplies.
Assists in purchasing/procurement functions.
Serves as point of contact for accounting, purchasing, and other areas and reports issues to Vice President of Business Operations.
Review/Process expense reports and ensure receipts and coding meet corporate requirements and submit for processing in a timely manner.
Analyzes and processes customer support requests, ensuring they are routed to the appropriate office for resolution.
Monitors requests to ensure they are completed in a timely manner and in accordance with contract requirements and company standards.
Exercises independent judgment to resolve issues, referring only complex matters to the Contract Manager.
Organizes programs, events, meetings or conferences by arranging facilities and caterers, issuing information or
invitations, coordinating speakers and controlling event budget
Other duties as assigned.
No supervisory responsibilities.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Prioritize and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Language Skills -
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
Ability to write reports, proposals, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Mathematical Skills -
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to question activities and issues in all functional areas and make sound business decisions based on that data.
Physical Demands -
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment -
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions.
Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation is an EOE. AA/M/F/D/V. Native preference under PL 93-638. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
Associate's Degree; or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database, presentation software (MSWord, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), and Outlook
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations, Clearance:
United States-New Mexico-Kirtland AFB
Chenega Integrated Mission Support
Chenega prides itself on providing industry leading market driven compensation, a comprehensive benefits program that is tuned to the market...