The office manager position is responsible for Operations Accounting, Purchasing, and the administration of Human Resources and Safety of procedures. The office manager works closely with the Plant Manager and Corporate HR and Safety Managers to ensure compliance of all policies and procedures. The office manager ensures accurate reporting of daily data and entry into reporting systems.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
Communicate with customers, employees, and other individuals to answer questions, disseminate or explain information, take orders and address complaints.
Prescreen all applications and process all new hire paperwork.
Ensure accuracy of office records and reports.
Manage filing, inventory, mailing, and database systems.
Troubleshoot problems involving office equipment, such as computer hardware and software.
Respond to customer, employee and corporate requests.
Ensure eligible employees receive benefit materials and timely submission of benefit forms to corporate.
Process all inbound and outbound bill of ladings
Maintain and update driving appointments for incoming and outbound loads daily (Big Board).
Complete and submit all separation forms in a timely manner.
Track the status of cases in order to ensure accurate reporting of injuries and submit all required paperwork.
Reporting relationships, work assignments, and work schedules are subject to change to meet company needs and business requirements.
Works with Corporate Human Resources and Safety Managers to ensure compliance in processes and procedures.
Manage payroll data in Time Saver.
Record inventories and pallet movements to Propak and CHEP via the Intranet and S&R.
Compile, copy, sort, and file records of office activities, new hire paperwork and benefits.
Answer telephones, direct calls and take messages.
Open, sort and route incoming mail, answer correspondence, and prepare outgoing mail.
Operate office machines, such as photocopiers, scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems, and personal computers.
All other duties as assigned to support and improve the overall team operations.
Attendance at work is an essential function of this job.
Teamwork and cooperation are required for proper job performance.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Friendly - Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Tactful - Ability to show consideration for and maintain good relations with others.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
Education: Associate's Degree (two year college or technical school)
Experience: Two to four years related experience
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, and ADP
Propak Corporation - 10 months ago