The primary responsibility of the Office Services Coordinator is to provide overall support services for offices in NY and Stamford, CT managing the completion of construction projects in these locations, overseeing the utilization of the facilities and equipment located within the company's leased space, procuring supplies for these offices, and serving as a liaison between Corporate Real Estate, property manager, building engineers and cleaning crews.
1. Manage and coordinate project planning in conjunction with facilities planning group which includes: implement new construction, renovations and furniture installations; manage and identify projects in the areas of ergonomics, work place safety, security and transit; manage and execute all building maintenance and repair requests with appropriate vendors and/or building management personnel. (35%)
2. Provide on-site support of all company and building owner security requirements. (10%)
3. Procure services and supplies for on-site copiers, kitchens, office supplies, copier repair, etc. (15%)
4. Serve as Corporate Real Estate business continuity representative, liaison with local office management and information technology for both offices. (10%)
5. Provide mail service—open incoming mail and distribute to recipient mailboxes; deliver incoming packages; order overnight delivery supplies (15%)
6. General office duties which may include: coordinate setups for any meetings or special events that affect the facility by working closely with company event coordinators and property management; plant maintenance; nameplate signage creation, miscellaneous small maintenance items. (10%)
7. Prepare and manage a budget and work with accounting and Corporate Real Estate. Make recommendations for capital projects. (5%)
Ability to establish good working relationships and communications with architects, engineers, consultants, suppliers, internal staff and end users.
Desire to keep current with the construction, security, facilities industries as it relates to job responsibilities.
Ability to determine priorities, plan, organize and follow through on projects.
Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
Ability to negotiate and manage small value contracts.
Accuracy and diligence in maintaining files, logs and up-to-date specifications and plans.
Ability to handle multiple job tasks and/or priorities.
Ability to handle confidential information in a sensitive manner.
Normal office environment.
Some work in an exterior, non-conditioned environment.
Some reaching, lifting, crouching, or other non-sitting, non-standing positions.
Availability 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to answer various emergency calls and pages related to facilities and security issues.
Bachelor's degree in a related field or any equivalent combination of education and work experience.
1 to 3 years general experience in a general facilities or office management related position.
Demonstrated project management skills -- the ability to plan, manage and follow projects to completion.
Experience working with general contractors in the completion of facilities construction projects.
Demonstrated presentation, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
Demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft Products.
American Century Investments® - 4 months ago