Perform a variety of non-routine complex secretarial and administrative support functions requiring comprehensive experience, skill, and knowledge of organizational policies and practices. |
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements
Post secondary education or equivalent training in a health care or business related field is required; Associates degree preferred. Must have at least 3 years of applicable experience, with previous experience in a healthcare setting preferred. Computer skills sufficient to operate on-line systems and complex software with advanced functionality. Oral and written communication skills sufficient to interpret and apply policies and procedures for clarification and problem resolution.
Job Specific Competencies
- Serves as an expert in a specialized area and is utilized as a resource for others within and outside the service area.
- Types, proofs, and finalizes correspondence, reports, and other documents requiring use of advanced software features, which may include working with specialized software packages. Develops and is responsible for the maintenance of complex database and/or spreadsheet files.
- Manipulates and validates data and verifies detailed, complicated reports for accuracy. Takes independent action to rectify discrepancies, ensuring solutions are considered within a systems context.
- Processes complex materials such as applications, certificates, or financial records with the responsibility for resolving problems and correcting errors that require working closely with both internal and external customers.
- Compiles data based on research techniques and on statistical compilations involving an understanding of service area programs, policies, and procedures.
- Identifies problems and serves as a resource, answering questions, providing guidance, troubleshooting and following up with customers in resolving problems and conflict resolution. May coordinate, or act as a liaison, between service areas or outside agencies as required to facilitate project work and problem resolution.
- Performs research and makes initial evaluations and recommendations for implementation of new procedures, solutions, methods, or improvements. May follow through with implementation.
- Understands the impact of the systems and processes utilized in the service area and how they impact related systems and processes in other service areas. Outcome of work has significant financial impact on the service area, and may impact multiple service areas.
- Interacts with customers in a warm and friendly way.
- Takes immediate action to meet customer requests or needs.
- Listens to understand what customers have to say.
- Recognizes safety hazards and takes corrective action; seeking assistance when needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of operational policies and procedures.
- Performs work safely, without causing harm or risk to self, others or property.
- Makes a decision considering the impact of the decision on other areas.
- Initiates collaboration with others outside of service area.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the principles, values, and ethics of the organization.
- Models accountability for learning by sharing knowledge and learning from others.
- Builds effective working relationships.
- Expresses appreciation to others for their work.
- Treats others with respect.
- Demonstrates both knowledge and application of Sanford policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Demonstrates the ability to take charge, take unpopular stands if necessary, face difficult situations, and is looked to for direction from others.
- Facilitates and supports change within the Sanford Health.
- Demonstrates commitment to continuous learning for themselves and staff.
Information Management Competencies
- Demonstrates skill in accessing, preparing and using information as relevant to position.
- Verbalizes and demonstrates knowledge of procedures for maintaining security, confidentiality and integrity of employee, patient, family and other medical information.
- Demonstrates ability to collect, analyze and present data as appropriate to position.
- Demonstrates skill in use of equipment relevant to position; verbalizes knowledge of appropriate safety procedures.
- Diagnoses equipment problems; fixes or seeks out someone to fix.
- Consistently informs appropriate person of problems encountered with repairs or calibration of equipment.
- This position is classified as a Category III position under OSHA guidelines with no risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other potentially infectious materials.
View Physical Requirements
Sanford Health - 11 months ago
PSYCHIATRY OFFICE SPECIALIST
PSYCHIATRIC SERVICES ADULT OUTPATIENT PROFESSIONAL BUILDING - SANFORD PROFESSIONAL BUILDING - FARGO ND
- 12 hours ago
OFFICE SPECIALIST LEAD-L5
GENERAL SURGERY - SANFORD BROADWAY CLINIC - FARGO ND
- 12 hours ago
OFFICE SPECIALIST LEAD-L5
CASH MANAGEMENT SERVICES - SANFORD 45TH STREET BUSINESS CENTER - FARGO ND
- 2 days ago