Hennepin County Medical Center (HCMC) offers employment opportunities in a variety of settings, including our downtown Minneapolis hospital and clinics, and neighborhood clinics throughout the metro area. We are committed to creating a culturally competent and inclusive work and care environment for patients, families, and staff, and we encourage interested applicants with bilingual and bicultural skills to apply for positions at HCMC.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining unit (union).
Current vacancy is part-time, 64 hours per pay period with benefits, M-F days.
- Two years of office clerical experience; completion of an approved business or technical school program may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
- Must have knowledge of routine medical office procedures and policies, medical terminology, transcription, and other office equipment, and computer software programs including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Specific job activities and accountabilities include:
-monitor intake phone line daily
-verify authorization & funding source for all intakes
-obtain records ie: Rule 25 assessments
-renew authorizations each month
- Schedule admission intake appointments in Epic
- Verify insurance eligibility each month for all patients
- Monitor authorizations on continuous basis
-request authorizations from new insurance providers
-pull treatment plans & records from charts to send to insurance providers
- enter authorizations into billing database
- Prepare data monthly for running charge entry reporting
- Enter data on admissions, discharges and 6 month updates in state website- ongoing
- Cover front desk as needed
- Other clerical duties as assigned