Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community.
Hennepin County Diversity Policy
The Examiner of Titles (EOT) Department assists the district court by examining titles, issuing reports, and conducting hearings in court cases under Minn. Stat. Chapters 508 and 508A (Registered Land). The Examiner of Titles is also legal advisor to the Registrar of Titles.
The Examiner of Titles is seeking an Office Supervisor with administrative experience and an understanding of real property law. This position is classified as an Intermediate Administrative Assistant and reports to the Examiner of Titles.
The primary duties and responsibilities of this position include:
Best Qualified Candidates will have:
- Manage the administrative functions of the Examiner of Titles office; supervise two employees, including assigning and reviewing work, hiring, and conducting performance reviews.
- Respond to questions about registered land requirements from attorneys, title companies, and the general public.
- Analyze documents submitted to EOT office for approval.
- Research and gather supporting information relating to Registration applications, working with County Surveyor's Office and County Recorder's Office on legal descriptions and other title issues.
- Assist with education and outreach to customers.
- Accept filings into the Court's case management system (MNCIS), update filings, process filing fees and prepare deposits, and run and analyze reports for case management purposes.
- Review court cases for readiness for hearing.
- Coordinate department budget, supplies, and facilities.
- Coordinate with other departments and District Court on new technologies, procedures, and practices; represent the EOT office in meetings and special projects as assigned.
- Assist with planning and evaluation of department outcomes and strategic initiatives and coordinating training for the EOT office.
- Assist with training of law clerks and interns.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in public administration, business administration, or a related degree appropriate to this position and two or more years of experience in general administrative work relating to the management of departmental/organizational operations. General administrative work experience may be substituted for education on a year for year basis.
- Three or more years of experience with real estate title matters.
- Experience applying statutes and rules; experience with legal descriptions.
- Experience supervising employees and managing workflow.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to diverse clientele and explain legal concepts and requirements to non-lawyers.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with multiple business partners.
- Skill in using personal computers and computer systems, including Word, Excel, MNCIS, and RecordEase.
Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience.
Hennepin County - 30+ days ago