Office Support / Project Coordinator – Learning Opportunity
We are looking for a smart and motivated, entry-level person with technical exposure to help support our Boston office. This is a multifaceted role in which you will provide operations support, office management, and assist with client account duties.
This is an opportunity to learn a great deal and to work with multiple teams across the entire company. The successful candidate must possess solid organizational skills, the ability to work independently, and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- General office administration:
- Phones, mail, scheduling, generating reports, project coordination
- In support of Operations Manager:
- Review and manage vendor invoices, and help with vendor contract management
- Track and reconcile time off using existing systems
- Help to manage monthly billing and validate data in project management software for export to accounting software
- In support of our client account team:
- Process and organize contracts for new engagements
- Assist in tracking and reporting on various project related metrics
- Manage small recurring projects
The ideal candidate has strong communication and organizational skills, learns quickly (and likes to learn), has good familiarity with standard office applications (MS Office, Google docs), and is comfortable with web-based software. Additional experience in the technology sector, reporting and project coordination will be beneficial.
About our division:
Safari Books Online has been a leader in the digital publishing arena for more than twelve years. We work on some of the most respected projects in the field (such as Oxford Dictionaries Online) and are building the next generation of online publishing applications. Our custom platform, PubFactory, is proving to be a game-changer for many publishers. PubFactory is built from the ground up to support books, reference works and journals in a variety of XML formats, with full support for PDF, images and other rich media. It offers a full array of features for users, management tools for librarians and administrators, and a complete suite of back-end controls for publishers to control their content and manage relationships with their customers.
Safari Books Online provides subscription-based training resources to thousands of professionals interested in learning about topics such as IT, software development, graphic design, business and professional development. The company offers services for individuals, businesses, government and libraries and sells both direct to users/groups and through resellers. For users, the advantages of our subscription model include:
For today’s leading publishers, Safari Books Online serves as an increasingly important sales channel, delivering usage-based royalties primarily through corporate and institutional sales to complement revenue in today’s competitive book-selling environment.
- Unlimited learning from 27,000+ books/videos from more than 100 leading publishers
- Synched access across virtually any platform, including PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android and other devices with a browser
- Always current content about the hottest topics, often available before physical books hit store shelves
- Tools to quickly find, organize, manage, and share the information in our library