The CDA seeks an Office Support Assistant to perform administrative support duties for the Property Management Department. The hiring range for this position is $11.87 to $14.82/hr depending on qualifications. Applications will be accepted through 4:30pm on 5/23/14. Please make certain to answer the Supplemental Questions on the last page of the posting.
Duties include: Schedule client briefing appointments, enter program applications and/or changes into the system, assist with work-order dispatch, prepare correspondence, answer interest calls, provide program information, and complete filing. Act in a back up capacity for other department support personnel.
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants anticipated for this position, we will not respond to interim phone inquiries regarding the status of applications or the interviewing/hiring process.
Examples of Duties:
Perform Department clerical duties.
• Compile program information packets as directed.
• Complete filing projects as assigned.
• Complete copying projects as requested and keep department form locations up-to-date and stocked.
• Use word processing features to prepare reports, correspondence, memorandums, and forms.
• Coordinate and prepare bulk mailings.
• Perform general clerical duties as directed.
• Maintain timesheet stock for maintenance and caretakers.
Perform applicant intake services.
• Enter new applicant data on the waiting list.
• Evaluate program eligibility in relation to family size and composition, income, age and other criteria and inform applicant of preliminary eligibility/ineligibility.
• Prepare and maintain all new applicant files and notify applicants of their status on waiting lists.
• Schedule applicant intake appointments.
• Send participant appointment letters and update software regarding applicant status.
• Answer calls regarding waiting list status or information change.
• Mail out form letters to applicants whose status has changed on waiting lists; update waiting lists.
Assist the Operations Specialist with work-order processing including: data entry, file maintenance and data retrieval, dispatching, and other related duties as assigned.
• Assist with data entry tasks relating to the opening and closing of work-orders via computer.
• Assist with data maintenance and work-order system and file organization.
• Receive, process, and dispatch work-order requests from tenants and others as needed.
• Perform other related administrative and clerical duties as directed.
Perform special projects and assignments as directed. Examples include:
• Prepare and calculate annual utility allowance for the Public Housing Program; Pull release forms from client files, send verifications to utilities, gather information and calculate annual average consumption rates by unit size.
• Data entry of HTC13 (tax credit forms) for Family Townhome Program.
• Assist with lottery drawing for new developments.
Perform Agency receptionist duties as back-up, or as assigned.
• Greet clients and public; refer to the proper department and/or staff person.
• Answer incoming calls, screen, and transfer calls to the correct staff member; take messages as needed.
• Provide polite and courteous service to all clients/visitors.
• Be aware of in/out status of all agency personnel.
• Maintain telephone system (be familiar with voice mail system, arrange for service).
• Assist clients with proper applications/forms.
• Send out information by mail to interested parties.
Minimum Required: A combination of one year of related education and/or experience.
Skill in use of general office equipment, including computers and software.
Knowledge of agency functions, policies and procedures, knowledge of office procedures and practices.
Knowledge of English language, grammar and punctuation.
Ability to handle difficult situations in a professional manner when dealing with the public and agency employees.
Ability to work with diverse clientele.
Ability to communicate professionally both orally and in writing.
Ability to work independently.
Ability to work under pressure and with interruptions. Ability to be flexible.
Ability to work on several projects simultaneously and to set and meet deadlines.
Ability to respect privacy and confidentiality of others.
Dakota County CDA - 7 months ago
copy to clipboard