Office Support Associate
Graduate Studies and Research
- High school graduate or equivalent, 18 months of work experience performing routine clerical/secretarial work or
- 24 semester hours of college or university course work in Secretarial Studies, Business Administration, Business Education or closely related fields or
- 12 months of vocational training which provided a knowledge of generally accepted clerical procedures or
- 48 semester hours of college or university course work in any curriculum or
- any combination of work experience, course work, and training that equals 18 months, and ability to keyboard accurately at a rate of 40 net words per minute
$ 13.54 per hour
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
(Hours may vary depending on departmental needs)
Under the supervision of the Dean of the College of Graduate Studies and Research (CGSR), this position performs administrative duties for the CGSR with knowledge and execution of the policies and procedures of the offices.
If you are seeking employment at Northeastern Illinois University (NEIU) for the first time, you must complete an Employment Application, which you can obtain at the Office of Human Resources, Bernard Office Building (B0B), 5555 N. Bernard, Chicago, IL 60625, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., or you may download a copy of the application (and print it) on the NEIU website ( www.neiu.edu ). You must complete, sign and date the application and submit it along with official transcripts and resume to the Office of Human Resources by the application deadline.
If you have any questions, please call the Office of Human Resources at 773-442-5200, or email us at CS-Employment@neiu.edu . Please visit the State of Illinois University Civil Service website at http://www.sucss.illinois.gov/updates.aspx for information on the examination process.
NEIU Employment Services reserves the right not to consider any application on the basis of incomplete information/documents, delay in submission, and disqualifications under the rules of State Universities Civil Service System. Employment Services, however, assures that your application will be duly reviewed on the basis of the classification(s) in which you qualify and, accordingly, will inform you of their decision.
Applications, resumes & transcripts must be submitted by the close of business 3/14/13 .
Northeastern Illinois University is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer and Invites Applications from Women and Minorities as well as Other Qualified Individuals.