PURPOSE: This position will work as both an Office Support Specialist 2 and a Medical Records Clerk.
The Office Support Specialist 2 r esponsibilities include answering inquiries, obtaining information and a variety of office duties in a fast paced clinical front office setting. This position provides support to clinical staff working with mental health and addictions clients of all ages in person and on the phone. Typically handles the more complex administrative functions at a site.
The Medical Records Clerk responsibilities includes uploading electronic medical records and assisting the department.
POSITION SPECIFIC: Specific hours are yet to be determined, however, it will be day time hours.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AS AN OFFICE SUPPORT SPECIALIST 2:
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES MEDICAL RECORDS CLERK:
- Performs reception duties, answering phones (on multi-line phone system). Greet persons entering establishment, determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations.
- Act as resource to staff and clients.
- Responsible for insurance verifications, set client fees, balance payment agreements and administrative intakes.
- Update and maintain records in proprietary software.
- Manage office paperwork and flow.
- Serve as back-up for other administrative positions as needed.
- Does data entry, references information on the computer, schedules, runs basic reports as needed.
- Scanning, copying and faxing as needed.
- Receive payment and record receipts for services.
- Hear and process complaints from customers and public.
- Schedule appointments, and maintain and update appointment calendars.
- Provide information about establishment such as location of departments or offices, employees within the organization, or services provided.
- Participate in regular individual and team meetings.
- Continually increase level of cultural sensitivity, awareness and competency.
- Unload and sort courier items and/or office supplies as needed.
- Meets standards for productivity, accuracy/quality of work, customer service and team work.
- Meets standards for attendance following the department’s call-in policy for any unscheduled absences.
- Assist the Medical Record Specialist with processing record requests.
- Provides backup data entry for the proprietary software as needed to include opening, closing and updating files.
- Review the scanning for accuracy and compliance with attention to detail before uploading into client file.
- Provide feedback to the Office Manager on any document errors.
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent.
- Previous experience/formal education preferably in a clinical setting.
- Prior experience working as a receptionist preferably in a mental health setting.
- Good computer skills including a functional knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel, 10-key, telephone skills and electronic record systems. Ability to master proprietary software which may include on-line scheduling and billing. Must be able to keyboard 45 wpm. Knowledge and previous experience with office equipment including photocopying, faxing and scanning etc.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills and maintains a cooperative working relationship with others in a culturally diverse environment.
- May require ability to work some evenings and/or weekends.
LifeWorks NW - 10 months ago