The primary responsibilities for this position include:
• performing hardware and software support on PCs, laptops, printers, servers and network equipment in the Office and Warehouse environment in addition to performing preventative maintenance on IT equipment as required
• implementing Office and Warehouse IT projects and requests involving hardware/software related to PCs, laptops, printers and network equipment
• training and/or supporting ISTS technicians
• administering paperwork, policies and procedures, and
• attending individual, team or department meetings.
The required qualifications for this position include:
• Associates Degree in Electronics or Computer Science, or equivalent; will substitute degree with preferred experience
• two years experience in trouble-shooting or repairing that may or may not be limited to IT technology
• must be at least 21 years of age with a valid driver license
• must have and be able to maintain an excellent driving record
• knowledge of personal computer hardware to include desktops, laptops and peripherals
• knowledge of support software to include Microsoft operating systems and Microsoft Office products
• understanding of server and laser printer hardware and configurations
• knowledge of RF wireless systems, networking and IT peripherals
• knowledge of Microsoft Active directory
• ability to work under pressure and independently with little to no supervision
• willing to work after normal business hours (nights, holidays and weekends as needed)
• willing to accept after hours on-call responsibilities
• willing to travel with some overnight stays when necessary
• willing to use a high lift up to 45 feet
• ability to lift up to 50+ pounds
• good human relations skills (the ability to work well with others and be a team member)
• show enthusiasm, initiative and pride in work, and a
• commitment to Publix and our Mission.
The preferred qualifications for this position include:
• Associates Degree in Electronics or Computer Science
• four years of field experience supporting IT equipment
• four years experience with the Publix organization, infrastructure and culture, and
• certified in one or more of the following: HP/Compaq, Lexmark, Cisco, A +, Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer and forklift/scissor lift.
Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.
Please be sure to monitor your email daily for communications you may receive during the recruiting and selection process for this position.
· Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
· An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
· 401(k) retirement savings plan
· Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
· Group dental plan
· Group vision plan
· Sick pay
· Long-term disability insurance
· Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits)
· Tuition reimbursement
· Vacation pay
· Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
· Paycheck direct deposit
· Credit union
· Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
• 6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager’s approval: New Years Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day).
This position's territory coverage is primarily the western region of Atlanta division (Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia), but may also require travel to the eastern region of the Atlanta division (Georgia, South Carolina, and soon North Carolina).
Year End Bonus
To reward associates for their contributions to the company for the calendar year, Publix provides a Holiday Bonus in December. In the first year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to 15 hours of pay, and in the second year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to one week’s pay if associate remains employed through issue date of the bonus check. In subsequent years, the bonus is equal to two weeks pay.
Publix - 17 months ago
Careers at Publix
If you think shopping at Publix is a pleasure, try working here!
It's very satisfying to work for – and to be...