KELLY ENGINEERING IS SEEKING OFFSHORE OPERATIONS MANAGER FOR A DIRECT HIRE POSITON BASED IN HOUSTON, TX
JOB SUMMARY:Two primary responsibilities:
An experienced offshore wells professional with 10+ years of leadership experience and extensive skills in well design and construction in all offshore types of wells. From shallow water to deepwater.
- Leader of the COE team
- Leader of company as an Offshore Operator
The Center of Offshore excellence (COE) was put into place to create standards of excellence for of the companys offshore operations and to ensure these standards are met. The OOM will work as leader of the COE team of subject matter experts (Facilities, Rapid Development Program leader, SCM, HSE, Logistics) The ability to implement the plan and form a fully working program is essential to this role. The Plan is for the COE to be fully functional and critical positions filled in 2013.
The OOM will support Columbia, Brasil, and the Gulf of Mexico (GoM) to develop the capabilities, standards, and processes to become an offshore operator. This support will be provided to the COE as the to the COE, as the accountable group; the OOM will work through the COE.
The Offshore Operations Operator will be divided into two primary roles. Each role is described below:
1. Center of Offshore Excellence (COE)
The COE provides guidance and oversight for all companys offshore operations. A detailed project plan is in place and finding has been approved.
Responsibilities will include:
2. Offshore Operations Manager (Columbia, Brasil , Gulf of Mexico and future ventures in other offshore basins)
- Create offshore policy, standards and processes and assure they are followed
- Competency guidelines for all offshore personnel will be established and administered including skills assessment and development plans of all offshore personnel
- A Rapid Development Program (RDP) will be created and run by the center to develop the needed skills for offshore operations
- Performance will be measured by the center and as well as benchmarking against the competition. The COE will establish common KPI’s
- The center will be responsible for knowledge management for all companys offshore operations
- Identify, track and lead peep assists and project reviews; provide standards and expectations for the same
- Review and oversight of Offshore HSE policies and assure compliance and provide oversight of the same; policy will be created by the COE HSE lead
- Quality assurance expectations and compliance for all regions
- Review and evaluation of partner operational plans and costs; monitoring of partner operations
The company has a stated goal of being an operator in Columbia, the GoM, and Brasil in the near future. A Detailed plan for the GoM is in place to achieve this goal. Similar project management plans will be developed for each region. The OOM will work with the regions and to create organizations to implement these plans
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with the regional teams in the networking and recruiting effort as detailed in the plan
- Oversight and approval of the Well Delivery Process (WDP) for each region. The COE will create the Well Delivery Process, with the input from the OOM. Each region will have positions of the WDP specific to their needs
- Interface with the regional subsurface team for prospect development as detailed in the WDP
- Working with the supply chain management team to prepare bids, select vendors/ service companies including the rig contracts
- Manage performance and set performance metrics for each region; including continuous improvement and time/cost tracking and reporting standards for each region
- Assure compliance with all deepwater regulations
Minimum requirement: Bachelors Degree in Engineering from a US, Canadian, U.K. or internationally-recognized university.
Overall Experience Requirement:
20 years minimum or working with integrated teams to design, drill and operate wells with an active major, large independent or national oil company
Recent Deepwater Gulf or Mexico Experience Requirement:
Five years or more of recent experience in deepwater well design and operations. Must be legally allowed to work in the U.S.; either a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident
Non-Technical and Organizational Skills (Required) :
About Kelly Services ®
- Native English language, bilingual English-Spanish ++
- Results oriented
- Ability to organize and coordinate
- Problem analysis skills
- Continuous and effective communication
- Client oriented
- Negotiation and conflict management
- Knowledge and skill to adopt and implement best industry practices
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly ® offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class
staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provides employment to more than 560,000 employees annually.
Revenue in 2012 was $5.5 billion.
Visit kellyservices.com and download The Talent Project , a free iPad ® app by Kelly Services.
Since employing its first engineer in 1965, the Kelly engineering specialty has grown to be recognized as a leading provider of engineering resources to customers in such industries as automotive, chemical, defense, electronics, energy, medical device and pharmaceutical.
Want more information? Visit kellyservices.com/engineering
iPad is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Connect with us on ]]
Kelly Services - 21 months ago
Kelly Services, Inc. (Kelly) is a global temporary staffing provider operating in 36 countries and territories throughout the world. The...