Talascend is currently seeking a Application Engineer for a direct hire opportunity in Houston, TX.
Reports To: Applications Engineering & Proposals Manager
The Career level Applications Engineer is responsible for working with the Sales Account Managers, and the Compression Product Line Management team to develop financial, commercial and technical solutions of new Reciprocating or Rotary Compression Package proposals which respond to customer requirements on a Worldwide basis.
Brief Position Scope Summary:
· Regularly Interface with Sales, Review Customer bid requirements, bid screening.
· Develop proposal strategy with Sales and provide written Customer proposals.
· Develop cost estimates and lead times in cooperation with Manufacturing.
· Work with Sales and Customers as necessary during the bid and post bid process.
· Provide new order review, acceptance and order entry into Manufacturing.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Perform detailed analyses of customer requirements to identify potential solutions to be offered by the company, both for the products for which the incumbent is responsible for and provides the appropriate process or equipment selection(s)
· Possess a working knowledge of the processes and equipment offered by Client and possesses a general understanding of the design/selection methods and calculations necessary to design and select an appropriate compression solution. Is capable of utilizing the various computer-assisted software and methods to perform related tasks.
· Possesses comprehensive knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field of natural gas treating, compression, and hydrocarbon processing, as required by the Client product family and for which the individual is responsible.
· Utilizes available programs and other resources to develop detailed cost estimates, as required, in support of development of the company’s Customer quotation
· Constructs applicable reports and bid documents utilizing Microsoft Windows-based computer tools
· Proactively participates in the tracking of the company’s outstanding proposals to allow accurate reporting of their current status to management
· Possess the necessary skills required to perform all Sales/Applications support functions to provide safe and creative support solutions.
· Can work with no direct supervision and serve as a mentor/instructor to others
Required Skills or Tools:
· Requires general knowledge of ASME, API, NEC, OSHA terms and guidelines
· Requires good communication skills both written and spoken.
Preferred (not mandatory) Education/Experience:
· Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Petroleum or Natural gas engineering
· Five to eight years of experience, preferably in a related area of manufacturing
· Must be able to work under time pressures.
· Must be able to work with the Compression Product Line team in developing improved work processes for the department.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the
qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may
be assigned as necessary.
Talascend is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer E/O/E.
Talascend LLC - 16 months ago