This position is responsible for developing, executing and achieving the Annual Business Plan (ABP) for the On-Premise Channel within their geographic area of responsibility. The assigned area of responsibility will be aligned with one or more of Crown’s top on-premise wholesalers in a priority DMA. This position is responsible for driving on-premise sales through effective business planning, coordination with National and Key Accounts, retail execution, customer relationship management and budget management. This individual will function as a strategic partner and advisor to select Market Development Managers on all items related to on-premise sales.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
2. Sales Planning
- Focused against the sales, distribution and promotion of the Crown Imports portfolio in order to achieve the sales and profit plan.
- Provide market intelligence to their Business Unit continuously improving Crown’s approach to the On-Premise trade.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the owners & managers of the top 75 On-Premise accounts within area of responsibility.
- Direct and implement training and development initiatives for wholesaler on-premise team and with key on-premise accounts.
- Prioritize existing accounts and deploy On-Premise resources (materials, budgets) to achieve our set market goals.
- Identify and provide resources to address market specific business development opportunities.
- Execute through wholesalers on-premise team, the Crown Retail Vision.
- Identify and communicate to Market Development Managers supply chain wholesaler issues at key accounts to ensure proper follow up is performed.
- Provide support and follow through for National and key Regional On-Premise accounts (e.g. program execution including closing mandated distribution gaps).
- Execute draft beer initiatives in area of responsibility using knowledge of market to direct resources and effort.
- Serve as a strategic partner and advisor to the area General Manager(s)/Market Development Manager in all On-Premise sales related planning.
- Assist Crown Market Development Managers to develop the On-Premise component of his/her annual business plan including, sales, distribution and promotional efforts for that specific market.
- Determines programming and promotional plans/spends needed to drive sales and to achieve Plan.
- Review, manage, consult and support on-premise business plans developed by Market Development Manager for area of responsibility.
- Evaluates results vs. plan on a regular basis, identifies sales deficiency areas and develops corrective programming in order to improve performance.
4. Marketing & Promotions
- Reviews, consults and supports recommendations on price changes affecting the On-Premise with appropriate Market Development Manager and GM for his/her consideration.
- Actively analyzes market conditions and competitive activity to develop sound pricing strategies to maximize sales and profits.
5. New Products/Packaging
- Develop CTF investment strategy to support promotional and marketing efforts that coincides with the Crown Imports Sales Calendar for their area of responsibility.
- Utilizes available marketing resources in order to maximize sales and achieve plan.
- Develops and executes new product/packaging rollout plans for their area of On-Premise responsibility.
- Works with their sales team to build plans that identifies target package/brand opportunities, target account list and resource allocation needed to achieve set goals.
- Support, manage and proactively identify challenges that new product introductions face in area of responsibility.
Reports directly to the BU On-Premise Director or BU On-Premise Development Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
This position requires:
A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent job experience is required. (a minimum of four years sales experience with a beverage supplier in the alcohol beverage industry)
Minimum four years sales experience in the Beverage Alcohol Industry (malt beverage preferred).
Complete understanding of the on-premise retail environment.
Working knowledge of the promotional marketing process.
Proven track record in building good relationships with customers as well as internal associates.
Demonstrated ability to take the initiative to gather and use customer feedback to identify both needs and opportunities.
Demonstrated diligence and ability to follow through on all commitments (internal and external stakeholders).
Good oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
Demonstrated ability to achieve performance goals with a minimum of direction.
Demonstrates Beer 101 math skills with ability to understand wholesaler margin, retailer cost of goods calculation and market discount structures.
Computer literate with the ability to use software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Knowledge of business information tools such as Cognos 7/8 and Retail Vision software.
Ability to work weekends and evening hours.
Available to travel a minimum of 20% of his/her working time, including up to 5 hrs. driving time.
Ability to lift 25-35 lbs. and/or 50 lbs with assistance.