This position is responsible for the set-up, service, and tear down of all banquets and banquet-related food and beverage operations.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Maintain a commitment to customer service and guest satisfaction. Perform all guest contact activities such as serving food and beverage, answering guest questions, etc. in a cordial, efficient and professional manner.
• Ensure that the food and beverage is served while maintaining a consistent presentation and proper temperature.
• Maintain a cooperative, team-like attitude in working with supervisors and fellow employees.
• Organizing equipment for a function as well as cleaning, maintaining, and looking after equipment during and after functions.
• Immediate communication of special requests, guest problems or concerns to the Head Waitperson or Banquet Manager.
• Adhere to all department policies and procedures.
• Ensure the proper handling and cleaning of all equipment, china, glass, and silver.
• Each person is responsible for their own schedule in cooperation with the Banquet Manager.
This is an on-call position and hours aren’t guaranteed. Most shifts will involve evening and weekend hours with no more than 20 hours a week. Scheduled days and times may vary based on events. This is a great opportunity for an individual with a flexible schedule. When possible, one weeks’ notice will be given for assignments.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. The successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires consent and successful completion of a background screening.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Current University of St. Thomas students are ineligible.
University of Saint Thomas - 17 months ago
Founded in 1885, the University of St. Thomas is a Catholic, diocesan university based in the Twin Cities of St. Paul and Minneapolis. The...