Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the world's most prestigious hotels and resorts. Mandarin Oriental now operates, or has under development, over 11,000 rooms in 27 countries with 18 hotels in Asia, 13 in The Americas, and 12 in Europe and Middle East. In addition, the Group operates, or has under development, 14 Residences at Mandarin Oriental connected to its properties.
This position is located in our newest property addition in The Americas. Formerly known as The Mansion on Peachtree, the Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, luxury hotel comprises 127 spacious guestrooms and suites, providing guests with unparalleled views of the city. Facilities include an all-day dining restaurant and lounge bar, as well as a wide selection of meeting rooms, including a 130-seat ballroom. The extensive spa facilities are complete with 14 treatment rooms and will feature signature therapies for which Mandarin Oriental spas are renowned.
Duties and Supporting Responsibilities
- Offer the highest level of personalized service while maintaining a gracious, enthusiastic, helpful and professional attitude with all guests and colleagues.
- Create special conversations with guests which identify personal preferences in order to record in each guest's profile history.
- Communicate and describe in an articulate manner the spa offerings and their benefits.
- Provide consistent facial and body treatments as directed in training classes and accepted certification practices.
- Properly care for equipment and product used throughout the spa facility.
- Understands and adheres to punctuality for spa appointments.
- Ability to compare and contrast the different services on the menu.
- Recommend and up-sell spa products and services that fit the guests' needs.
- Complete knowledge and understanding of all services and products offered.
- Handle guest questions and concerns with professionalism and courtesy.
- Respond to guest requests immediately, accurately, and appropriately.
- Understand the importance of and committal to continuing education.
- Uphold the standards of sanitation, sterilization, restocking rooms, and the pantry area.
- Maintain an understanding of the spa industry and spa philosophy (balance, relaxation, unity, and a healthy lifestyle)
- Understand that as a representative of the Spa you must maintain a healthy, fit appearance and a positive attitude.
- Maintain a clean, safe, stocked and well organized work area.
- Maintain spa appearance and cleanliness.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Assist in all areas of the spa operation as directed by management
- Comfortable around guests in a state of undress.
- Excellent, reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language
- 1000 hours aesthetics training and education in various services such as facials and waxing.
- Passed the required courses and hours necessary to obtain an aesthetics license from the Georgia Board of Cosmetology
- Additional training in skin care and waxing required.
- CPR certified
- Experience in administering treatments to male and female guests in a professional manner.
- Previous aesthetics experience with upscale required
- High school diploma or equivalent required
Each of the items listed is considered an essential function of the position. However, the duties, responsibilities and requirements presented in this job description are intended to be broad based and high level and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all roles or responsibilities for the position. The Company reserves the right to alter the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Previous aesthetician experience in spa setting
- Additional training in cosmetics, and additional beauty therapies preferred
It is Company policy to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including by providing reasonable accommodations that do not constitute an undue hardship on the Company. Employees or applicants should direct requests for accommodation to Director of Human Resources.