· Create, manage and maintain a medical record for each resident based on the appropriate regulations for each level of care.
· Manage, coordinate, maintain, and audit census, demographic, and other health-related information.
· Procure, manage, and maintain applicable credentials for healthcare practitioners providing services.
· Write policies pertaining to Health Information and Health & Wellness services. Manage the Health & Wellness policies and policy manuals as appropriate.
· Manage and deliver Medicare Advance Beneficiary Notices to residents.
· Monitor resident reviews and schedule appointments for regular assessments based on regulatory guidelines.
· Code diagnoses of individuals receiving care and assist with other coding requirements as requested.
· Become proficient in the use of the facility Electronic Health Records (EHR) system and serve as a staff trainer for the system.
· Assist with the development and maintenance of electronic forms for use with the EHR.
· Function as an on-site trouble shooter for EHR system problems.
· HIM Certification preferred.
· Associate of Science degree in health-related discipline from an accredited college or university preferred.
· Minimum of four years’ progressively responsible experience in Medical Records in a Long Term Health Care facility preferred.
· Possess a certified coding credential.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
· Must have exceptional computer skills and aptitude.
· Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with others.