Arapahoe House is currently seeking a Primary Therapist to join our On-Call Program team.
The Primary Therapist works on an on-call basis to provide coverage for shifts of employees that are on vacation, sick, or training. Provides drug and alcohol counseling to clients with co-occurring substance abuse and mental health issues in an outpatient or residential setting by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Covers shifts for part-time and full-time employees at Arapahoe House for a variety of shifts including evenings and Saturdays.
- Prepares and delivers didactic presentations about substance abuse and relapse and/or Level I and II DUI education.
- Conducts intake and assessment sessions of individuals with substance abuse problems.
- Maintains accurate and consistent clinical documentation.
- Performs administrative tasks requisite to the delivery of quality substance abuse treatment services.
- Maintains positive working relationships with other professionals and coworkers involved with the client.
- Must have knowledge about and sensitivity to cultural issues affecting a culturally diverse cliental.
- Prepare and facilitate didactic educational material in a group setting.
- Prepare and maintain client records in accordance with recognized standards of the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Division and the Division of Mental Health.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (psychology, counseling or social work), Certified Addiction Counselor II (CAC II), and eighteen months of documented work experience in behavioral health or Clinical Master’s degree with a minimum of 1,000 hours of addiction counseling work experience and 120 clock hours of addiction-specific education and/or training.
- On-call schedule requires availability working all shifts including days, evenings, and weekends.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Registration in the State of Colorado DORA database upon hire as one of the following approved Addiction Counselor designations: Unlicensed Psychotherapist, Certified Addiction Counselor, or mental health licensure (LAC, LPC, LMFT or LCSW).
- Certified Addiction Counselor II (CAC II) is preferred.
- License preferred (LPC, LAC, LMFT or LCSW).
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common reports and documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to write clinical notes and summaries in prescribed style and format.
- Basic mathematical skills - ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook.
- Familiarity with Electronic Health Records is preferred.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities.
- Arapahoe House is a tobacco-free environment.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and use a computer and/or reach with hands and arms.
Arapahoe House strongly supports internal growth and promotion opportunities.
Arapahoe House is an equal opportunity employer.
Arapahoe House - 14 months ago