The City of Lake Oswego is searching for a customer service oriented individual to help staff the Lake Oswego Indoor Tennis Center. The On-Call Tennis Center Attendant is responsible for day to day duties of answering phones, greeting guests, activity registration, and clerical duties. This is an on-call position with a variable schedule of less than 20 hours per week.
Open and close office; oversee building security while on duty. Oversee office cash handling while on duty; insure adequate petty cash is available for making change; prepare daily deposit to submit to Parks and Recreation administrative secretary. Greet guests; determine nature of business, provide information concerning activities and programs. Receive registration materials and review for completeness; assist guests in completing forms; register guests in activities; sell and reserve tennis court time. Work with an online registration system, register for classes, check for openings Communicate with staff and instructors when questions arise regarding activities. Insure guests are aware of and abide by all tennis center rules and policies. Prepare and type correspondence, memos, promotional flyers and brochures. Handle data entry and retrieval; prepare reports as directed. Operate office and program equipment including computer, printer, voice messaging, copier, fax machine, and ball machine. Update voice mail system as necessary; check and respond to messages.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Priority consideration is given to applicants with:
For a complete list of the essential duties, knowledge, skills and abilities required, and physical and mental demands please review the complete job description.
- Front desk and attendant experience with a participant registration software,
- The ability to type 45 wpm,
- Knowledge and prior experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Publisher computer software programs.
- Internet capabilities and the ability to learn the on line registration program.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent grammar, spelling, and proof reading skills
- Ability to effectively meet and deal with the public, handle stressful situations and work cooperatively with other employees
If you have question about the position, please contact Ivan Anderholm, Assitant Director of Parks and Recreation at email@example.com