Design, develop and validate new On-Road suspension, steering, wheels and brake systems.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
1. Design, develop and validate industry leading On-Road chassis and suspension systems to ensure increased profitability and market share.
2. Create and maintain wheel and tire engineering documents and processes.
3. Work with project teams to define project goals and product specifications.
4. Responsible for determination and development of On-Road specific suspension and steering technologies.
5. Organize and lead design reviews to ensure adequate input and involvement from all engineering and functional groups.
6. Ability to ride On-Road vehicles for the purpose of field development, tuning and testing of suspension and steering systems.
7. Benchmark competitive designs, materials and ride function.
8. Analyze manufacturing and field problems and recommend possible solutions.
9. Cross train and support development and validation of other vehicle subsystems including: clutching, brakes, driveline, cooling, intake, exhaust, and fuel systems.
10. Other duties as required.
Education, Skills and Knowledge:
1. B.S. in Mechanical Engineering required.
2. Possess a general understanding of Vehicle suspension design and vehicle dynamics.
3. Suspension design and development experience required.
4. Pro-E experience required.
5. ADAMS experience preferred.
6. Creative, innovative, decisive and prone to action.
7. Quality and customer focused.
8. Possess and apply a broad knowledge of principals, practices and procedures to the completion of difficult technical problems and projects
US - Wyoming, MN
4 year degree or higher
Years of Experience Required
Recognized as the leader in the Powersports industry, Polaris Industries prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level.
Polaris is transforming from a North American based company to a global company with over 4,500 employees in 15 different countries spanning five continents of North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia. Polaris Industries is headquartered just outside of Minneapolis in Medina, Minnesota with annual 2012 sales of $3.2 billion.
Polaris designs, engineers, manufactures and markets innovative, high quality off-road vehicles, including all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) and the Polaris RANGER® and RZR® side-by-side vehicles, snowmobiles, motorcycles and on-road electric/hybrid powered vehicles.
Polaris is among the global sales leaders for both snowmobiles and off-road vehicles and has established a presence in the heavyweight cruiser and touring motorcycle market with the Victory and Indian motorcycle brands. Additionally, Polaris continues to invest in the global on-road small electric/hybrid powered vehicle industry with Global Electric Motorcars (GEM), Goupil Industrie SA, Aixam Mega S.A.S., and internally developed vehicles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a complete line of Polaris and KLIM branded apparel and Polaris accessories and parts.
Polaris offers you an opportunity to come on board and make a difference. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive relocation package. To round it off, a benefits package that allows you to work hard and play harder.
Polaris Industries - 10 months ago
copy to clipboard -
A bump in the road is big business for Polaris Industries. The company is one of the world's top makers of off-road...