Manage and coordinate PLNU classroom usage at Mid-City Church of the Nazarene.
- Manage and coordinate PLNU classroom usage at Mid-City Church of the Nazarene
Overall set up of space for each semester/presence there on afternoons when usage is the heaviest
Liaison with Mid-City Church of the Nazarene staff
Manage any requests for space changes or adjustments necessary for class success
- Assist in planning and coordination of events:
4 community dinners each semester (80-100 in attendance)
1-2 Day retreat at the beginning of the semester
Investment in developing class resources (speakers, service learning opportunities, community exegesis, etc)
Distribution of resources for Community Classroom to faculty
- Developing relationships on behalf of the program with key community partners
- Participation in weekly meeting at which faculty leadership and the Director of the program meet to discuss overall plans and issues.
- Support staff for immersion program when it occurs
- Assist in building and training a team of student workers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two years of progressive office experience required
- A strong affinity with and support of the spiritual mission of the university and its Nazarene traditions.
- Intermediate computer skills – Word, Excel, Power Point and Qualtrix.
- Ability to communicate and exercise important human relations skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with the PLNU community, Mid-City Church of the Nazarene partners and larger community partners.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must have a service orientation providing exceptional customer service to the faculty and student participants of community classroom. A positive approach to work exhibited by a Can-do attitude and being a team player is essential.
- Use of computer equipment: computer keyboard, mouse, and monitor. Vision to read documents, e-mail and other correspondence, and reports on paper and computer monitor. Hearing and speaking to communicate effectively with others in person and by phone.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to use independent judgment in prioritizing, producing, and managing tasks. Excellent planning, organizational, and problem solving skills. Applicant must display a willingness to make decisions, as well as, exhibit sound judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
Physical Demands (if applicable):
Sitting for periods greater than one hour. Use of computer equipment: computer keyboard, mouse, and monitor. Vision to read documents, e-mail and other correspondence, and reports on paper and computer monitor. Hearing and speaking to communicate effectively with others in person and by phone. Will also stand, stoop, push, pull, and lift up to 25 lbs throughout the day.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Point Loma Nazarene University - 5 months ago