One-On-One Individualized Education Plan Paraprofessional
Location: Sage Elementary
Reports To: Building Principal
Terms of Employment:
Part Time, 32.5 Hours Per Week
Salary: PI or PII, $9.76 or $11.80
Nature and Scope of the Job:
To provide daily one-on-one monitoring to a student who is identified to have special needs as deemed necessary and/or required to meet the students individual personal, medical, and academic needs under the direction of the special education teacher(s). Job assignment may end if services are no longer required by student.
1. Facilitates in the supervision and classroom management of the student as directed by the classroom teacher(s), and the supervising special education teacher at all specified times during the school day.
2. Maintains confidentiality of all information concerning students, staff, or parent/guardian in any public setting and chooses the appropriate time, place, and supervisor to discuss problems.
3. Uses positive verbal and non-verbal communication, and interaction skills when working with students, and district personnel.
4. Monitor progress of identified student through daily progress reports to supervising special education teacher and through individual conferences with student and classroom teachers.
5. Providing "time-out" and/or study hall setting for identified student on an as needed basis.
6. Providing other services that may be identified by the special education teacher, counselor, administrator, or social worker. These duties must in some way relate to direct services for the student.
Knowledge, Skills, and Mental Ability:
Knowledge of classroom management techniques.
Ability to follow and successfully complete both written and oral directions.
Ability to enunciate clearly and communicate positively throughout the work day.
Possess visual acuity , Paraprofessional or un-Paraprofessional, to read and interpret accurately written reports.
Possess the ability to work with various personality types.
Possess sound emotional judgment.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Video Playback Equipment
Audio Playback Equipment
Assistive Technology Equipment
Medical Technology Equipment
Occasional exposure to weather extremes.
Occasional exposure to loud noises.
- 20 months ago - save job