Simon and Schuster is seeking an Online Marketing Manager for it's Scribner imprin to develop and execute title by title online marketing campaigns across its premier roster of both fiction and non-fiction books.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Working closely with multiple departments to communicate new initiatives and manage project development.
· Providing innovative ideas to drive sales and awareness online and explore new marketing venues for web-based outreach.
· Keeping the department informed of the latest web technologies and new opportunities online.
· Developing partner relationships with highly trafficked niche sites.
· A minimum of 2-4 years of experience in online creative marketing with demonstrated success in content creation and viral web campaigns is required.
· Excellent project management and communications skills.
· Experience in designing for the web, with computer skills including Adobe Flash, Adobe Photoshop, HTML and CSS, PowerPoint, and video editing experience preferred.
· An i nterest in book publishing and the genre of books that Scribner publishes is strongly preferred.
· Creative thinker with grassroots online marketing experience.
· Very knowledgeable with social media, mobile, and cutting edge web technologies. Experience developing effective campaigns that increase sales.
· A sharp sense of lifestyle trends, media savvy, pop-culture and brands.
· Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
· Proactive, driven, and marketing savvy.
· Experienced in creating compelling content for the web and leveraging for placement online.
· Existing relationships with premiere websites a strong plus as is a familiarity with eRetailer and eBook landscapes.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Visit: www.simonandschuster.biz/careers to apply online. First time users will be prompted to create an online profile in order to apply for any jobs. All resumes and cover letters (include salary requirements) must be attached to the online application in order to be considered. Resumes and Cover letters that are mailed or e-mailed will not be considered. No telephone calls please .
CBS Corporation - 22 months ago