The Online Shipper will package, label and ship online sales merchandise. This is a full-time position with benefits.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION:
POSITION TITLE: Online Sales Shipper
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB:
Shipping clerk is responsible for the packaging, labeling & shipping of all merchandise sold on-line, using proper packing methods to ensure its safe arrival.
PROVIDES SUPERVISION TO:
RESPONSIBILITIES – ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• To properly pack items sold on the auction site.
• Prepare shipping labels and create shipping manifests.
• Load items on cart & take to shipping area to be shipped.
• Take inventory of packaging supplies, & organize to simplify the packaging process
• Select an item to be shipped along with its matching invoice. Select appropriate packing materials, then pack & seal.
• Weigh packages, making sure the invoices do not get separated from its corresponding package.
• Enter invoice data & weight of item for creation of label & label package.
• Take completed package & set on shipping table for pick up.
• At the end of the day, run the "end of day" on PC if needed (for UPS).
• Set aside time weekly to visually inventory shipping supplies.
• Keep desk, packing area, & the storage of supplies neat, clean, & fee of potential tripping hazards.
• Other duties assigned.
• Perform other job duties as assigned by the eCommerce Manager
• Ability to speak, read, and write in English.
• Basic math and computer skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, and supervisors.
• Ability to complete basic forms.
• Ability to work independently under minimal direct supervision
• Ability to organize large quantities of packing supplies.
• Must conduct self in a safe manner, reporting all work injuries immediately.
• Office environment with overhead lighting; cement floors; constant exposure to low level office noises
• Indoor weather conditions ranging from 60 to 80 degrees
• Regularly work with items that are dirty or dusty
• Exposure to cleaning products
• Ability to sit at a desk, in front of a computer monitor for up to 8 hours a day
• Ability to type and enter data for up to 8 hours a day
• Ability to bend at the waist to pick up items from bins, carts and shelves
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
• Ability to place items on shelves by reaching over head, squatting or kneeling, depending on the shelf height
• Ability to move items using a hand truck or 4-wheel cart