An Onsite Audio Visual Support technician manages, maintains and is responsible for all service and repairs of customers’ audio video equipment and fully integrated conference rooms. Onsite AVS interfaces direct with the customer on a daily basis and his responsibilities could vary from scheduling and preparing meeting rooms utilizing AV services to responsibility for maintaining daily functionality of all AV and integrated conference rooms. The position will collaborate with our client’s management team and other company employees; this is a key role in maintaining a good partner relationship and being sensitive to our client’s needs and schedules. This position reports to the Director of Onsite Services through a Field Service Manager.
- Daily room sweeps to insure equipment and room functionality is ready for use.
- Responsible for identifying defective or failed equipment and take ownership to resolution, work with company account representatives to provide clients with resolution options.
- Manage scheduling of Conference rooms, implement scheduling software/documentation to help track scheduling if no system is in place.
- Provide end-user support for meetings requiring Videoconference/AV services.
- Liaison between Customer and AVI-SPL, coordinating weekly meetings with AVI-SPL in order to identify value adds (client specific equipment training, etc).
- Provide reports and adhere to metrics outlined in contract to provide service level defined per agreement.
- Gather metrics & deliver quarterly PowerPoint presentations to Client & AVI-SPL representatives.
NOTE : This list of job responsibilities is not an all inclusive list. This is a general description and each contract will be expected to perform other duties as assigned.
- Basic working knowledge of projectors, microphones, speakers, LCD/Plasma Displays.
- Audio and Videoconferencing systems.
- Understand control systems such as Crestron/AMX control systems to make basic code modifications in the field preferred.
- Ability to read and utilize blue prints.
- Adhere to and understand OSHA standards for all phases of the job.
- Ability to think & work independently and meet necessary deadlines.
- Problem solving and trouble-shooting skills.
- Creative thinker.
- Effective professional-level interaction with employees, customers and colleagues.
- PC proficient – must already know your way around a computer.
- Highly effective communications and customer-facing skills.
- Strong organizational and customer skills a plus.
- CTS certification is preferred.
- Good oral and written communications.
- Strong desire to learn and be trained.
Education & Training:
- High School diploma.
- CTS and any AV training a plus.
Ability to lift 75 pounds, climb ladders, crawl under tables, etc. This position can have physical demands.
Work Week & Hours:
40 hours - Mon – Fri, Be flexible to work after hours and weekends when required. After hours and weekends will be on an overtime basis.
So what does all this mean to you?
- The security & stability of an industry leader
- Unlimited career advancement opportunities and increased marketability
- Exposure to the most leading edge technologies in the industry
- Fully paid training & industry certification
- Highly competitive compensation and benefits package
- The opportunity to work with a group of extremely talented & dedicated professionals
- A collaborative and friendly corporate culture with a management team with vision and passion for growth
AVI-SPL - 10 months ago
AVI-SPL wants to win the eyes and ears of its clients. The company designs and installs videoconferencing systems and integrated multimedia...