Onsite GIS Manager/Sr. Analyst |
Location: New Orleans, LA
Critigen is a global leader in technology consulting and IT outsourcing. We leverage location data, business intelligence, and award-winning cloud computing to drive positive financial results and enterprise collaboration for public and private clients.
Critigen is seeking a GIS manager /senior analyst to manage Critigen’s onsite operations for the Marine Forces Reserve (MFR) Installation Geospatial Information and Services (IGI&S) program in New Orleans, LA. The candidate must have a thorough understanding of GIS applications, hardware and software architecture, GIS data management, and project management skills. This is a team lead position and staff management will be required. As the lead onsite contractor for the MFR IGI&S program the position serves as the primary liaison between a variety of entities including Headquarters Marine Corps, Naval Facilities Engineering Command, Army Corps of Engineers, Headquarters Marine Forces Reserve, and various contractor entities. The successful candidate will have the requisite communications skills to navigate in this dynamic environment.
- BA/BS in Geography, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Cartography, Natural Resources, Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline.
- Years of experience: 8-10.
- Proven ability to lead, organize, and manage people and work flows in a team environment to successfully deliver quality products in a fluid work environment.
- Strong ability to effectively communicate thoughts, ideas, and information of a technical nature to laypersons and technical experts alike in a logical, organized, coherent, and persuasive manner.
- Demonstrate a solid technical understanding of GIS concepts with the ability to present analytical alternatives and recommend geospatial solutions.
- Inclusive knowledge of GIS data development, editing, and quality control procedures.
- Expert user of Esri ArcGIS software suite.
- Experience with Global Position System (GPS) data collection processes, field data collection methods, survey techniques, and knowledge of accuracy standards.
- Able and willing to perform limited field work and travel nationwide.
- Experienced and knowledgeable in the implementation of the Spatial Data Standards for Facilities, Infrastructure, and Environment (SDSFIE).
- Be a United States citizen and have a US driver’s license.
- Be able to obtain and maintain a US SECRET security clearance.
- Strong English communication skills, both oral and written.
Preferred qualifications include:
- GIS Professional (GISP) certification
- CompTIA Security+ certification
- Experience with Department of Defense IGI&S programs (e.g., GeoFidelis, GeoBase)
- Knowledge of ArcSDE and ArcGIS server technologies
- Ability to network and build interpersonal relationships
Critigen is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Critigen - 18 months ago