Custom Computer Specialists, Inc. is the #1 Technical Consultant on Long Island. We continue to successfully provide network integration, technical personnel, support services, products solutions, and consulting, to our valued clients in the New York metro area. Our focus is simple...our goal is to make technology easy and to help our clients use it as effectively as possible.
We are looking for a motivated technical professional to join our team as a Onsite Support Technician.
The Onsite Support Technician will provide the below:
This person is primarily responsible for providing desk side and help desk support to PMILA end users. This may entail desk side diagnosis and repair as well as Level I / II help desk support. This person should have experience providing technical support for basic computing issues. Additional experience with Active Directory, BlackBerries/Smartphones and MS Office support are critical.
- Provide hands-on and/or telephone technical support to client end users
- Provide resolution and assistance to Windows XP and 7 related problems
- Network access troubleshooting and repair
- Hardware and software support for Windows and Smartphones/blackberries
- Diagnosis and removal of malware (viruses, spyware, etc)
- Enter, retrieve, forward, edit, and close service tickets using client ticketing systems
- Provide resolution and assistance to standard supported applications: MS Office, Netscape, Internet Explorer, Antivirus and other applications and systems
- Document and assign call tickets to related IT groups for further support
- Install and repair faulty or damaged operating system software
- Create and file paperwork in reference to software repair and recovery
- A+ certification (preferred)
- Dell and/or HP certified (a plus)
- 3-5 years experience in hardware and software support
- Industry recognized Help Desk Certification and/or help desk environment experience A PLUS
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications and the Internet
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Skilled with organization, decision making and time management
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong knowledge of Windows operating systems: Windows XP & 7
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software problems
- Knowledgeable on software installations
This position is based in Manhattan, New York.
We offer excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and more!
Submit resume online on our careers site at www.customonline.com/careers.html
Email us at employment @customonline.com
We are an AA/EOE employer.
Custom Computer Specialists - 19 months ago
Right People, Right Results is not just our tag line – it is our obsession. It drives our behavior, our culture and our work....