The purpose of the Technology Specialist is to provide high quality Customer Service, AV support, Distributed Learning, Lab and Education technologies technical support on corporate campus.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide on-call AV and multimedia technical support
- Live EVENT support--Supporting the Institute with all existing internal D-Learning (Distant Learning) Events & A/V Technologies (video conferencing, live, web streaming, tradeshow, Set up and operate chroma key switcher and audio)
- Provide director/producer type consultation for end users and educate them on video production and presentation technology equipment.
- Maintain and provide on call, 1 st level operational and troubleshooting assistance for all AV, Distributed Learning, Lab and Education technologies for daily/weekly use.
- Direct and support live video production and editing with multiple presentation tools including FCP and AVID.
- Setup, testing, operation and tear down of audio visual and video teleconference equipment; (e.g. video data projection systems, computers, audio conference and videoconference equipment, microphones, video cameras, set-up standard OR equipment and simulators, lab equipment, streaming, audio systems, and operation of integrated AV systems.)
- Videoconference Operation including call set up, bridge setup and operation, systems, ensure stability of ISDN/T1 videoconferencing network and bridges.
- Provide various methods of multimedia duplication, CD, DVD authoring and presentation changes as requested, possible small video edit projects
- Provide back-up assistance for other technical staff as required.
- Work with; assist with installation, service/maintenance of 3rd level/vendor support for service/main of OR equipment and Simulators and other technology equipment
- Maintain conference room integrity through appropriate equipment/cable management. Escalate housekeeping issues to appropriate parties. Keep rooms in good working order. Ensure compliance with safety standards.
- Initiate and Maintain understanding of current and new technology.
- Other duties as assigned
This position requires understanding of technology, business, office procedures, and ability to adhere to policies and procedures, and good customer relations. Working knowledge of analog and digital media, extensive understanding of various types of AV systems to include video, audio, editing systems, videoconferencing, teleconferencing, display and control systems. Great understanding of Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook). Ability to learn standard OR equipment such as imaging equipment, OR monitoring equipment, surgical technology, and simulation. Knowledge of/and good capacity to support operations of Web streaming system. The ability to think on your feet and make decisions on your own is essential. Must be motivated. This position is for a self-starter, someone who is able to work with a group as well as individually, in a corporate environment. This position also will expose the individual to a great deal of confidential information. It is important the individual understands the importance of being discrete. Must have the ability to work as a team player and provide back-up as necessary. Must be able to lift or move up to 50lbs, frequently lift or move up to 100 lbs., and occasionally lift or move more than 100 lbs.
High School Diploma or equivalent
1-3 Years AV experience
2-3 years VERIFIABLE digital non-linear editing system on-the-job experience (AVID or FCP experience a plus)
2+ years commercial-grade audiovisual systems or equipment experience
Degree or advanced certifications is a plus
AVI-SPL wants to win the eyes and ears of its clients. The company designs and installs videoconferencing systems and integrated multimedia...