· Knowledge and compliance with all company’s Environmental, Health and Safety requirements, making best efforts to prevent violations of policies and procedures and following all applicable reporting requirements in the event of a violation
· Responsible for the development in conjunction with the customer site, of planned work scope, project budgets, schedules, cost tracking and resource management to meet the site customer’s needs
· Provide project management on behalf of the customer site over the course of the project. This cycle will include project development, preplanning, execution and demobilization activities associated with the planned work scope scheduled for the customer site.
· Provide technical supervision on disassembly, repair and reassembly of complex Gas Turbines, Steam Turbines, Generators, HRSGs and Balance of Plant equipment as required by the customer site
· Actively participate in company sponsored behavior based safety programs and ensure compliance of both internal and external support personnel with all safety procedures and applicable task based job safety analyses
· Good communication skills, both verbal and written to communicate effectively with internal and external customers alike
· Follow safe working practices and identify hazards and corrective actions to be implemented. Ensure appropriate reporting of hazards identified and corrective actions taken to remove/reduce the hazard to the customer site.
· Exhibit excellent interpersonal skills to lead teams of internal and external support staff, providing direction and guidance in support of the project, including effective conflict resolution to maintain a safe and productive work environment
· Work closely with plant customers to ensure they are updated with the progress of projects performed at their facility and highlight any out of scope work for approval
· Ability to read technical drawings, review test data and evaluate for compliance with applicable standards
· Ability to evaluate OEM technical recommendations and associated risk assessments to support recommendations to the customer site with the best corrective action
· Provide hands on mechanical support of customer outages on an as needed/required basis
· Responsible for identification and inventory control of all tools, parts, replacement parts and consumables required for the support of customer site outages
· Participate in the development of written procedures, instructions and development plans
· Perform all duties and responsibilities assigned by the immediate supervisor to this position, but not specifically stated in this description
· Maintain confidentiality of all information available to the position
· Associate degree in an engineering discipline with three (3) years of work related field experience or a high school diploma and seven (7) years work related field experience in power plant operation and maintenance
· Proven mechanical or electrical trouble shooting skills
· Prior supervisory experience
· Self starter, self directed and able to work with limited direct supervision in both outage and non outage periods
· Ability to work rotating shifts, weekends, be on call and accept call-outs and over time work
· Working knowledge of PC and various software applications such as Excel, Word, Power Point, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Project, to name a few
· Maintain valid driver’s license
· Maintain a valid passport
· Able to be dispatched on a short notice for potential long duration assignments
· Travel is fifty (50) to seventy five (75) percent
· Power Plant environment with exposure to fumes, extreme temperatures and noise
· Work rotating shift schedule, shift work, overtime and standby status as required
· Ability to safely climb stairs and ladders, work in confined spaces as required
· Ability to lift and carry materials up to 50 pounds
· Pass respirator physical and fit test, as required
IPR-GDF SUEZ North America is an equal opportunity employer.
IPR-GDF SUEZ North America, Inc. encourages individuals to apply for open positions using our website. However, if you are unable to complete your application on-line you may call 713-636-1900 for possible alternative application processes.
Suez Energy - 30+ days ago
We provide dependable and flexible energy solutions to commercial and industrial organizations.