GS5, LLC, a Northern Virginia based Limited Liability Company, provides a range of analytical, acquisition, and business management support services and products to Intelligence and Command and Control communities within the Department of Defense. Privately owned by the principle founders, the company leverages its domain expertise in intelligence analysis, program and business management methods and management tool development. GS5 provides a range of analytical, program and business management support services for the Joint Battle Command and Control and intelligence communities.
In 2008, GS5 was named Prime Contractor of the Year by the Small Business Administration, was also voted one of Virginia’s Top 100 Diversity Owned Small Businesses. In 2009 and 2010, GS5 was named to the Inc 500 list, as one of America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies and received honorable mention distinction on the Washingtonian Magazine’s Great Places to Work list.
GS5 is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Position Description :
Minimum Qualifications :
- Explore, assess, and provide meaningful and actionable information to current and future efforts across JIEDDO
- Apply foreign language and cultural expertise, area knowledge, advanced computer use and web research expertise to provide near real-time tactical Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) from social media information and social media analysis in support of current military operations.
- Conduct both large scale media analysis and in-depth comprehensive research and assessments of specific targets.
- Search for and gather information from a wide variety of social media sites; including, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Wikimapia and perform geo-location of pertinent data.
- Be aware of key personalities operating in their area of interest and have the capability of researching their presence on social media sites.
- Continually update existing methodologies through conducting research of new social media sites and search tools.
- Use all open sources of information to include foreign open media sources, Internet websites, newspapers, press agencies, television, radio, and specialized publications.
- Synthesize and organize information recovered to provide JIEDDO, Interagency, and other mission partners with high-impact, actionable intelligence.
- Apply in-depth knowledge of computer use, web searching and information gathering to a broad range of foreign media to identify trends and patterns.
- Identify and track key threat web sites that proliferate the knowledge of making IEDs and Home Made Explosives (HME).
- Evaluate and assess information value, translate Government-selected text, audio, and video materials from the media, and integrate this information with all source analysis and network databases.
- Research and analyze the media and internet environments in countries or regions identified by the Government and prepare analyses that describe and explain subtle relationships and trends.
- Deliver reports, briefings, and presentations as required.
Essential Duties of the Job :
- HS Diploma is required.
- Knowledge, expertise, experience, and well-developed online searching skills related to foreign Internet, websites, media and social media sites with necessary language and cultural understanding to explore, assess, and provide meaningful and actionable information to current and future efforts across JIEDDO is required.
- Advanced comprehension of web browsers and browsing, search engines, and advanced search queries is required.
- Experience in critical thinking and analytical skills to determine trends and patterns from an adversarial perspective is required.
- Language Proficiency is desired at Professional Working Proficiency Level 3 or higher as defined by the Interagency Language Roundtable; Advanced foreign language reading and comprehension skills in the languages listed below:
- Priority 1: Arabic (Middle East), Arabic with a North African dialect, Arabic with a Yemeni dialect, Russian, Spanish, French
- Priority 2: Farsi, Pashto, Urdu, Chinese, Portuguese, German, Indonesian/Malaysian, Turkish, Swahili
- Knowledge of culture is required for any area the languages are used, minimally including ethnicity, race, religion.
- Minimum cultural knowledge level should be at a level required of DoD or State personnel assigned for duties in foreign countries to a level based on experience derived from living or working in the specific areas for at least two years.
- TS/SCI security clearance is required.
- Occasional travel to CONUS locations will be required.
Physical Demands and Work Environment :
- Ability to communicate information in a clear and concise manner.
- Must be able to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time, as well as lead and participate in meetings and working groups.
- Requires visual acuity to use a keyboard.
- Must be able to attend work each day, during scheduled hours, unless on travel or approved time off.
- Ability to work on a computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face-to-face.
- While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- May be exposed to chemicals related to office equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate (i.e. general office environment).
- 401 (K) w/ up to 4% Company Match
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Basic & Supplemental Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Annual Bonuses
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Wellness Plan
- Corporate-Sponsored Events
GS5 - 12 months ago