This position is located in downtown Houston, Texas. The responsibilities will include duties related to technical and administrative support to the Drilling/Completions Operations department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Support the Operations Reporting System Open Wells.
- Ensure quality Open Wells data by reviewing/correcting daily drilling/completion reports.
- Support engineering staff by providing output from OpenWells including KPI’s, Downtime, cost review, and Post Well Reviews.
- Setup new wells in Open Wells.
- Train field and office staff on Open Wells.
- Prepare and maintain databases for engineering analysis – e.g. capital costs, operating costs, completion and well performance.
- Assist engineers in preparing AFE packages, Drilling Procedures, and Compass directional plans.
- Prepare data and reports to assist engineers in tracking performance against targets.
- Distribute and file third party reports / data – e.g. rig reports, IHS.
- Assist in preparing operations input to accounting group – e.g. operating costs, capital.
- Gather data and prepare engineering exhibits for regulatory hearings.
- High School degree is minimum. College degree or technical degree is a plus.
- At least 6 months of Oil and gas industry experience as a Drilling Tech.
- Working knowledge with a morning report data-base like Open Wells or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to work in a team environment.
- Computer skills: Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Should be Self-motivated and a team player.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills is a must.
- Experience with Open Wells morning report software and Compass well directional planning software is a plus.
- Drilling/completions field experience is a plus.
Oasis Petroleum is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability and genetic information, age, or any other factor protected by law.