Operating Room Technologist - Ft Worth, Texas US
Certified Surgical Tech
- 320-bed facility
- The Surgical Technologist performs a variety of technical duties to assist in preparing and caring for pre-operative patients.
- Assembles supplies and equipment needed for surgical procedures.
- Prepares sterile instrument table.
- Prepares patient skin for surgery in accordance with hospital standards.
- Maintains aseptic techniques and actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients.
- Transports patients to and from surgical suite.
- Positions patient according to type of surgery.
- Assists the surgical team in surgical procedures which may include passing instruments, sponges and sutures.
- Maintains work area.
- Gathers equipment for cleaning and sterilization.
- Assists in the monitoring of the patient through the procedure.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Current CPR Healthcare Provider REQUIRED
Certification CST by National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting REQUIRED
2 years of Operating Room, ORTHO and/or Endoscopy/GI experience REQUIRED
Department : ALLIED: OR / SURGICAL SVCS