What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Operational Risk Manager – Fraud Strategy
The Operational Risk Manager is a new role to the Regional Banking Group's (RBG) Operational Risk team and will be responsible for coordinating planning, development and implementation of all activities and programs associated with operational risk management. This key role will focus on the proactive development of fraud prevention / detection strategies and the implementation of processes to monitor /analyze their performance. Example work will include but not be limited to the enhancement of new account fraud screening and customer authentication processes, documentation of loss-related root cause analyses and control remediation, and continuing to build a strong working partnership with the Bank’s Corporate Security / Fraud Prevention Teams.
• Participates in the proactive development of fraud prevention / detection strategies.
• Reviews, analyzes, and makes banking recommendations to bank’s Operational Risk team about the design and implementation of the enterprise operational risk management framework/measurement methodologies.
• Coordinates and supports the implementation and management of all aspects of the enterprise operational risk framework/measurement methodologies, including tools, processes, policies, and procedures to identify, assess, measure, and monitor operational risk in the business units.
• May review with the business units operational risk capital calculation results.
• Monitors major and critical operating risk issues for business units.
• Oversees the operational risk activities of the business unit’s compliance officers, policy managers, and business continuity recovery program coordinators.
• Liaison with corporate security.
• Participates in the review of new banking products and services, or products that impact banking sales and operations.
• Manages the business units processes for elevating operational risks to more senior levels of management and to bank’s Operational Risk team.
• Participates in the development of the business units operational risk policies, procedures, risk limits, and approval authorities.
• Minimum of five years of operations risk management with specific experience in fraud strategy development, monitoring and analyses at a financial institution.
• Must have solid organizational skills, with the ability to handle complex projects in a multi-tasking environment and meet deadlines with quality results.
• Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with thoroughness and attention to detail is highly desired.
• Able to work independently and proactively to take initiative to solve problems quickly.
• Desire and ability to work closely with the data and technology specialists on project assignments.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Bank of the West - 19 months ago
What is now Bank of the West has expanded over 130 years from the California frontier to its current position. The bank now serves nearly 4...