Operational Risk and Control Manager-Partner Management-13012032
The World Service- Global Partnership Network (GPN) is tasked with owning and driving key operational success and strategic planning across a vendor network of 40+ global partnerships that represent $300M+ in spend. Through the relationship that it manages, GPN is uniquely equipped to leverage the operational and industry expertise of its vendor network to increase CM satisfaction at the right margins. The Global Partner Infrastructure team (GPI), within GPN, provides support and execution of strategic initiatives, as well as, driving globalization, consistency and efficiency across external servicing network, through teams focused on project management, reporting, regulatory execution, internal controls and supplier governance. The Global Partner Network is comprised of >39 third party relationships that provide services to American Express. This includes telephone servicing, telemarketing, card manufacturing, card issuance and Membership Reward fulfillment.
This role will be responsible for working within the GPI Risk and Control team to drive a strong internal control program and mitigate operational risk across the Global Partner Network. This function is to establish and maintain a robust control environment across our partner network; sustain and improve on the existing risk practises and internal controls, working on all facets of operational risk including continuous process improvements, driving efficiency and ensuring that GPN is in compliance with AXP policy, procedures and regulation.
- Candidate will apply knowledge of operational risk practises to improve the partner control environment
- Identifies improvements to processes to secure and advance the risk environment
- Maintains internal policy standards and continually mitigates operational risk through risk assessment, monitoring, control identification, mitigation and measurement
- Manages operational risk issues and ensures root cause analysis and permanent resolution is applied
- Support internal controls and operational risk activities across the Global Partner Network
- Execute and perform (where required) Site Review processes across the Global Partner Network in the US
- Maintain and drive continuous improvement of quality assurance activities performed over the GPN outsourced providers in the US and functional responsibility for controls in the MR and TSC network globally
- Evaluate other processes for deployment of similar procedures
- Manage reporting and scorecard process for Risk and Control activities the Global Partner Network including providing periodic updates and dashboards to leadership
- Coordination and support of all audit and reviews across the Global Partner Network in the US
- Drive performance of risk assessments in coordination with the Operational Risk organization
- Support and integrate new partnerships and/or new programs/products in GPN US
- Partner with Compliance COE in identifying process improvements, enhancements of controls and driving consistency in processes across all partners
- Provide reporting and updates to Global Partner Network (GPN) Leadership team
- Liaise with IAG (Internal Audit Group), Operational Risk, Global Supply Management, and Finance, as applicable, in support of critical initiatives for the GPN organization
- Support and roll out vendor assurance programs throughout the US
- Three years of demonstrated experience in operational risk and internal controls.
- Prior internal and/or external audit experience highly preferred.
- CPA or CIA certification preferred
- Knowledge of policies and procedures and Operational Risk practices
- Outstanding project management skills and written and verbal communications skills
- Strong relationship-building skills with ability to effectively collaborate and work across multiple business groups and functions
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to develop strategies and translate them into actionable plans
- Knowledge of Card Issuance an advantage
- Ability to work across US hours when required
Primary Location: United States
We’re a company of inclusion—built on service, secured by trust and driven by forward thinking. For more than 160 years,...