SNVC is seeking an Operations/Engineering Manager to support a DHS customer in Springfield, VA with the design, configuration, installation, maintenance and management of complex, multi-location wide- and local-area networks (WANs & LANs) . Additional responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluates, develops, and manages system performance and system security.
- Establishes and implements system policies, procedures, and standards, and ensures their conformance with information systems objectives.
- May perform network planning and engineering functions.
- May be responsible for both local and remote administration of networks.
- Have access to highly technical and specialized OEM support, technical data, and software specific to the area of certification.
The candidate shall also provide the full range of services required to effectively plan the client’s service desk operations, including:
- Development, Integration, Test and Distribution of Desktop Images
- Software Patch & Release Management
- Integration & Release of Desktop Changes
- Utilization of ITIL processes re: change, configuration & release management
- Enterprise software distribution
- Enterprise Configuration Management
- Documentation of SOPs
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have an existing CBP Background Investigation
- Must hold a current certification in LAN administration or engineering appropriate to the network environment being supported (e.g., Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE)
- Must have two (2) years of technical experience installing, maintaining, and managing Local Area Networks (LANs), preferably for federal clients
- Must hold a Bachelor's Degree or have an additional four (4) years of general experience
- Must have ten (10) years of IT experience
- Must have two (2) years of direct supervision experience of technical staff
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certification, or ability to obtain within 90 days of start date
***All candidates are subject to a standard background investigation prior to on-boarding***
SNVC - 14 months ago