American Greetings is recruiting for an Operations Analyst to join the Papyrus-Recycled Greetings (PRG) team at our world headquarters in Cleveland, Ohio.
The PRG Operations Analyst reports directly to the PRG Sr Operations Analyst. This position serves as the point of contact for PRG operations. Responsibilities include finalizing line lists, maintaining line lists in PDB, developing/updating item level production forecasts and maintaining line lists in MM2, communicating orders to manufacturing, releasing orders to purchasing and developing a distribution plan to support the marketing plans.
• Retail nonfill resolution. Identify root causes and solutions to maintain at retail nonfills below agreed nonfill percentage.
• Support Sr PRG Operations Analyst. Responsible for day-to-day activities of assigned programs or initiatives.
• Understand Merchant marketing plans. Work with Merchant group to guide plan development with an eye to how a plan can be implemented.
• Develop item level production forecasts for new programs. Receive merchandising spreadsheets (program level forecasts) form Product Management and explode into item level production forecasts (18 months). Consider factors such as estimated turns, seasonality, impact of other programs, etc. Enter 18 –month forecasts in MM2.
• Review and update item level production forecasts in MM2. Ongoing PLG maintenance – analyze and modify 18 month forecast for demand tracks in assigned PLGs. Consider impact of applicable factors (seasonality, turns, packing changes, trends, surge (leveraged products), reranks, other programs, etc.))
• Understanding and resolution of sales data inconsistencies and abnormal occurrences in order to adjust forecasts or models as necessary. Determine if data discrepancies are one-time events or recurring and make recommendations.
• Responsible for strategic, high volume, growth, or most complex product line forecasts. Knowledge and experience will be required to ensure accurate forecasts including complex situations such as new product introductions and major revisions.
• Communicate orders to manufacturing. Review suggested orders in systems and confirm or modify as necessary. Consider impact of applicable factors (inventory policies, program life cycle, inventory levels, lot sizes, seasonality, etc.)
• Release orders to Purchasing. Review suggested orders in MM@ and confirm or modify as necessary. Consider impact of applicable factors (inventory policies, program life cycle, inventory levels, lot sizes, seasonality, etc.)
• Program management tool set maintenance. Responsible for exception reports, tool set maintenance and issue identification.
• Manage PRG inventory. Review assigned PLGs for optimal inventory performance (levels, turns, trends, etc.), out numbers, and service levels. Work with PRG Sr Operations Analyst and program owner to define optimal inventory policies to meet requirements (lot/order sizes, safety stock, etc).
• Identify potential program issues and report effectively to PRG Sr Operations Analyst. Keep management apprised of all issues and recommend solutions/options when presenting a problem.
• Responsible for ensuring highest levels of customer service.
• Ability to analyze data to proactively identify and resolve root cause problems/issues using MS Excel and Access capabilities to the fullest extent.
Recent college graduate with relevant internship or 1-3 years of relevant job experience
• Prior experience in Supply Chain, Materials/Inventory Management, Production/ Operations Management
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
• Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary due to the nature & level of interaction with peers and management.
• Strong analytical, problem solving and math skills
• Demonstrate moderate judgment and decision making capability.
• Ability to work a team environment and to work independently.
• Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
• Knowledge of math/financial terminology to support inventory decision making
• Strong PC skills to include excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access, SQL, PowerPoint and Word. Must have considerable experience with Excel formulas, pivot tables, and macros as well has hands on experience with building Access Databases.
• Bachelor’s Degree in relevant coursework (Supply Chain, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Services) or equivalent experience
American Greetings - 17 months ago
American Greetings has been building its sturdy house of cards for more than a century. The #2 US maker of greeting cards (behind Hallmark),...