Operations Manager provides day-to-day leadership to build strong customer relationships and support business growth to enhance profitability for Harbor Freight Tools. Handling and overseeing all the day-today processes that are carried out in the store, in the absence of the Store Manager. Position must have a strong customer service orientation to be successful. Position will be responsible for managing store personnel as appropriate including opening and closing of store. Position must be able to effectively communicate policies and procedures in a manner easily understood by associates and customers. Position reports directly to Store Manager. Position will have direct responsibility for the following areas of store operations: Cash Office, Front-end, Warehouse and Sales Floor. Position will be responsible for all Head Cashier and the Assistant Head Cashier activity. Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends and holidays as needed. Understands and adheres to Harbor Freight Tools policies and procedures including overrides/returns, pricing and inventory accuracy, training and awareness to physical safety and security. |
Technical Duties and Responsibilities:
• Managing all day-to-day store processes, in the absence of the Store Manager.
• Oversee and monitor the Truck Receiving and Process Procedures weekly. Ensuring the 24-hour window is met for Truck Processing by utilizing all personnel assigned to the Warehouse and Sales Floor.
• Ensure the smooth operation of the purge process by following all Harbor Freight Tools company guidelines.
• Managing stock levels and making key decisions regarding freight flow from the Warehouse to the Sales Floor.
• Ensuring that proper guidelines and procedures are followed at the Front-end and Cash Office.
• Conduct monthly Audit Review meetings, ensuring and following up on identified items from most recent audit.
• Will ensure open lines of communication with the Merchandise Manager regarding the purge process.
• Managing and motivating the Team to increase sales and ensure efficiency.
• Ensuring standards for quality and customer service are met.
• Directs daily operations in order to provide quality products and services.
• Maintains and implements safety conditions and training to adhere to procedures and statutory regulations.
• Accountable for the execution of product and service quality by maintaining highest level of delivery.
• Promotes and supports workplace diversity initiatives.
• Manages by providing positive and constructive feedback to associates in order to reward, coach, correct and motivate.
• Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards.
• Establishes a safe work environment by performing safety audits and inspections, conducting safety-related training, and maintaining on-going communications with associates.
• Directs daily operations including: cash control, planning, inventory, receiving, stocking and storage.
• Ensure proper staffing levels with trained associates.
• Maintains storage facility conditions and monitors internal quality assurance.
• The ability to meet established productivity and sales goals.
• Additional duties as assigned by management.
Harbor Freight Tools USA, Inc. - 19 months ago
- 25 days ago
In 1977, Harbor Freight Tools had a mission to make it easier for working people to get the best value possible on top-quality tools they...