Skill/Experience Requirements |
- Candidates will be pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Business, Engineering (Civil, Chemical. Mechanical, Electrical), Ag Technology, Industrial Science or other agriculturally related degree
- Candidates have completed their sophomore year
- Standard work schedule but requires flexibility
Operations CO/OP Overview: We are a soybean processor that turns unprepared soybeans into feed grade meal and crude vegetable oil through hexane solvent extraction. There are conveyors, silos, tanks, pumps, piping systems, sifters, grinders, dust collectors, evaporators, condensers, and many other pieces of equipment. Processes include mechanical and pneumatic segregation, solvent extraction, fractional distillation, thermal desolventizing, and mechanical sizing. Emphasis is placed on learning, developing and practicing the required skills to become a business leader at Bunge in an operational capacity. The position involves on-the-job training as a means of learning and understanding the business from its roots. The work will give the student diverse and intensive experience in plant operations, AutoCAD drafting, design, project management, construction coordination, maintenance, and processes. Students will work alongside plant engineers and operations managers, performing the same work and type of tasks. This position is a great opportunity for engineers to gain valuable work experience and begin a great career. Essential Functions: Develop skills in the following functional areas:
- Operations - participate in the day-to-day running of a Bunge facility and assist Facility Management. Skills developed will include people management (leadership skills), effective communication techniques, production scheduling, inventory management, purchasing, preventive maintenance planning, budgeting process and strategic planning.
- Quality - learn QMS (Quality Management System), statistical process control, laboratory analysis, customer complaint investigation, customer focus and internal auditing.
- Safety- learns safe operating practices and work to maintain and improve facility safety. Gain an understanding of OSHA reporting and requirements, support the company, division, and facility safety goals and initiatives, participate in facility safety meetings, root cause analysis and understand all accident/incident handling procedures.
- Productivity - participate in facility Kaizens and be involved in projects to sustain productivity, cost and efficiency gains.
- Engineering - support all facility engineering and construction projects. Learn to evaluate equipment operations and efficiencies, develop and evaluate project budgets and coordinate the work of outside contractors.
- Supply Chain Management –learn the most effective low cost management of incoming supplies/ingredients, in process materials and finished goods to meet our customer requirements. Optimum SKU planning, balancing oil supply with customer orders, inventory turnover optimization and customer satisfaction are the developmental areas of supply chain management.
BUNGE - 10 months ago
Bunge North America (BNA) is the world's main squeeze. Its milling division, which operates five mills, is the largest corn dry miller...