The Operations Coordinator – Special Projects is a highly visible role that will directly support the Operations Specialist and across the organization as well as with our overseas manufacturers to ensure that projects are completed on time, on budget and meet customer requirements.
This role would suit a self-motivated, results-oriented individual who is comfortable in a casual, but fast paced, environment. He/She must possess the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects, have strong written and verbal communication skills; and the ability to assist in the visualization, establishment, and implementation of improved processes that meet growing business needs. This position will report to the Operations Specialist – Special Projects.
KEY MEASUREMENT CRITERIA & MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Support improvement and standardization of operating procedures for the private label program.
- Ability to quickly assess project requirements and collaboratively process ideas and implement changes.
· Track and analyze projected plans vs. actuals.
· Review and analyze projects; suggest effective methods and actions for minimizing cost and increasing value.
· Act as a vital point of contact for support of all special projects.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· High level of communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate cross-functionally, message manager on program status, and interact in escalations as appropriate.
· Strong business acumen with an ability to drive and make good business decisions.
· Experience in gathering data from various sources and analyzing data to compare, contrast and quality check work, with a keen attention to detail.
· Ability to manage resolution of complex issues in a fast paced development environment.
· Follows through on directions and instructions given – seeks out next steps.
· Can present project status and numerical data orally and in writing or through graphics.
· Ability to work under pressure and against high impact deadlines
· Experience with Six Sigma a plus
· Experience with private label products in the consumer field.
· Experience with Asian based overseas manufacturers a plus.
· Solid skills with Microsoft Office application, especially Excel.
· Experience with high volume, quick ramp of new products.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision.
· Local candidates preferred.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Business or other relevant field of study; or equivalent experience.
· Minimum of 1-2 years experience in operations/project coordination (preferably consumer electronics), and/or business analysis.
COMPUTER & EQUIPMENT SKILLS:
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Experience with Apple Computers/Mac OS a plus and Windows applications.
· Complex Spreadsheets
· Electronic project management systems
· Experience in Oracle, Arena, and Photoshop a plus
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS:
· Adheres to all requirements for confidentiality of corporate, finance and R&D information.
· Adheres to direction from management on distribution controls, secure filing and disposal, records retention and storage for drawings, contracts and other sensitive materials.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
· Sits for extended periods of time at a computer station or work desk; stands and walks throughout the day; uses hands and fingers to operate computers and office equipment for up to 8 hours each day; lifts up to 10 pounds regularly; exposed to typical office environment conditions and noise levels.