Operations Engineer - Electrical Lead
Operations Engineer – Electrical Lead
Facility: Ashburn, VA
Latisys prides itself on offering its employees an opportunity for a challenging career in a team-oriented environment. As a fast growing company, we are always on the lookout for ambitious people with a positive attitude and commitment to being the best they can be.
Latisys is seeking a motivated individual to d irect the day-to-day management of the data center critical infrastructure. This is a full-time, exempt, salaried position. Latisys offers an extensive benefits package to its employees, including 401(k), medical insurance, dental insurance, vision care plan, pre-tax flexible spending accounts for health care and dependent care, employee assistance program, paid life insurance, paid AD&D, paid short term and long term disability, paid time off and paid company holidays.
If you are interested in joining our company, apply now
- Oversee electrical and mechanical contractor work and operations
- Development of project plans, RFP’ and capital expense requests.
- Perform power distribution, electrical, and HVAC start-up operations
- Assist with start-up tests
- Establish and employ power plant and mechanical plant rounds, readings, and log functions
- Document and report all problems
- Manage initiatives that support increasing the resiliency of our data centers
- Design and review electrical plans associated with the build-out and new construction of company data center facilities.
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Conduct capacity planning management
- Areas of responsibility include: – Critical and emergency power infrastructure – Power distribution systems – Facility controls and monitoring systems – Security and access control systems
- Optimize all aspects of the data center operations
- Documents and reports data center operations Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Perform on-call duties in accordance with company procedures
- Install infrastructure as required to maintain critical redundancy for electrical loads within the data centers and electrical rooms.
- Lead the design and build activities as related to the electrical plant to achieve customer Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
Education and/or Experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate to all levels (from COO to non-technical staff)
- Thorough understanding of power, cooling, and space management
- Willing to work in a fast-paced ever changing environment with the ability to identify potential problems before they happen
- Thorough understanding of Alerton Control Systems
- Ability to think outside of the box to develop creative solutions to reduce costs with no impact on critical infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with experience in project/program management.
- 5+ years experience in enterprise class data center operations -- preferably in a data center provider/colocation environment
Most work is done in an area where normal office noise is present and people are moving around frequently, as well as the normal noise of a data center where machinery is running 24x7x365.
Latisys - 15 months ago
Latisys is a leading provider of colocation, managed hosting, managed services and disaster recovery solutions to medium-sized businesses,...